GarageMaslow (small things from a small shed)

Thought I’d keep a log of my build and of what I build.

So after placing my order with MakerMade on Tuesday it arrived this morning (Friday).
Isn’t the world a small place.
:nerd_face:

7 Likes

So its taken a week or so to find some second hand unistrut but here it is, and 1 hour later I have a frame.

Oh, Reggie the Great Dane was very intrigued.

Now I just need to get some sheet home, some how.

8 Likes

@wrightwells

Where did you find that?! Looking good.

Very nice! I searched for some second hand unistrut around where I live for a bit but didn’t have much luck. Great find

1 Like

luckily it was only about 45 minutes away, and was only £55 ($70)

Designing it in Sketchup was fine but it isn’t until you have it in your hand, I have 3 uprights but actually 4 would be better.
I haven’t got my spoil board yet , however the fact that it just unbolts means that I can play about and adjust the end result.

1 Like

I was slightly distracted as my 3D printer turned up, the excuse to purchase was this.

5 Likes

Looks really nice. There can be quite a bit of force pulling on these motors. Hopefully it doesn’t deflect or snap…I don’t know how stiff it is. Just something to be aware of.

I’m assuming that’s a chain guide, not meant to serve as the motor bracket?

@cmullins70

It appears you are correct. Looks like the metal mounts are blue, not the typical black, so it blends in with the blue printed parts. I thought the whole thing was printed till I zoomed in!

Did you give any thought to a fin at around 5 o’clock? I have had wraps happen that way too. I’m hoping there is an Etsy shop in your future.