First I have to say I am EXTREMELY frustrated with this thing. It has been a terrible purchase for me, but I cannot give up. I see glimpses of this thing being a gem, but I did not expect this much trouble. I have only been able to get two parts off this thing since April 2019. There. Enough griping.
I had to work on getting a new router due to the Z-axis play. That’s all done and I went to cut a pattern to test and here’s what happens:
- Generated the new file as I have the others that work.
- Once loaded, GC displays the part perfectly.
- I set home and hit “play”.
- The Z-axis button goes dark and nothing happens.
- No manual controls will work
- Restart GC, restart computer, everything works as it should… motor test, Z manual, XY manual.
- Go through this (3 - 6) about 4 times.
- Load old cut file after GC restart… works great.
- Compare the two files thinking it’s a G-Code issue… maybe I am initiating the program incorrectly, but don’t understand that as I use the same generator for all my files, then save as “.NC”… no differences in the initiation blocks:
G20 G90 G40
G0 X1.0521 Y1.5736
- Then I notice that GC does not recognize “G17” and skips the command. I take that out of the file, no change.
- Think maybe its because I am trying to move X, Y and Z together and rewrite to a G19 / G68 block… nope.No change.
- I did notice in the code display (lower right corner of GC) it stopped at G10 (Modifies the value of work coordinate and tool offsets) which is weird… cause there is no G10 in my code… anywhere. it read:
The first Z command is to go to Z0.125 for travel.
So… I think I covered everything. Has anyone had this experience or a close facsimile?