GC shut down when opening a gcode file

i clik on the update botton for v0.931, but nothing whapen!!

give it time.

if there is a ‘terminal’ window (i.e., command prompt) open, click it and see if you see any messages scrolling. If not, then you’ll need to download it directly from github. We made a change that seemed to break upgrades. 0.931 is supposed to fix it.

https://github.com/madgrizzle/WebControl/releases/download/v0.931/webcontrol-0.931-win64-singledirectory.zip

finaly man, thanks i think it worked, just 2 more things

1 the versions listed in about is Version v0.83 is that ok? i errase the Version v0.929 from the computer and download from the link the v0.931, then whene run it
2 It looks different the work space is to small and the control too big

What browser are you using?

@fede, You have to force reload browser (CTRL+F5) between firmware upgrades or clear browser cache. Then the layout will appear correctly.

1 Like

thanks at the end it fixed by itself

1 Like

yes it was that, thanks

1 Like

GC v1.26 , i been trying since then to use WC as told but i keep having troubles with the calibration, and the looks of it, i feel like the GC is more developed than WC, but i keep having the same problema, every time I try to open a .nc file the GC shuts down, how can a fix that? is there any other software beside WB that i can use with the maslow kit?

Let’s try to figure out why it is crashing.

I’ve created a version which should pause after crashing with an error message to let us figure out what is going wrong. Will you give it a try and maybe we can figure out what the issue is?

The file is too large for me to post it as an attachment here. Will you send me a private message with your email address? I will send the version of Ground Control to test directly to you.

Yes for shure, ill send you my email and Will give it a try, thanks

Sorry @Fede19 somehow missed notification that you uploaded files.
The problem is a bug in WebControl dealing with M3 command without setting a spindle speed.

AFAIK M3 without spindle speed does nothing. For the time being you can remove it from the gcode and the file will load.

@madgrizzle I created a pull request to fix this.

0.932 seems to work for me with a M3 with no spindle speed, but it provides a -1 speed in the onscreen label. @tinker’s fix is better (doesn’t use an exception-catch and provides a 0 speed). We’ll incorporate it in the next release.

i just downloaded the versión that you told me, and and try t open a.nc file, here the screen shoot

what ealse do i have to do, oo what other info do you need?

@tinker and how do i remove that from the g code?

It looks to me like the issue is being caused by the file name having non-ascii charterers in it.

The offending line is self.data.config.set('Maslow Settings', 'openFile', str(self.data.gcodeFile)) which is where the software saves the open file for later use.

Is it possible to try renaming the file to something simple like ‘a.nc’ or something like that?

i just rename the file and didnt worked eater, what ealse can i do?

Try that folder name. The accent on DISENOS might be what’s causing the problem.

1 Like

I think @MartinJ nailed it. Good catch. I bet it is struggling with the non-ascii character in the file path

@MartinJ you are a genious!!! it was that, now i can open any .nc file on GC

THANKS

1 Like