So I’ve been very bad about checking in here for the last couple months. I have a lot of reading to catch up on. We closed on the house and we’ve been crazy busy packing and moving. I’ve been itching to get to Maslow stuff but haven’t even been able to get at my machine in weeks now. My shop trailer has been filled to the gills (you can see the Maslow buried on the right):
Gross overload was a thing. I didn’t weigh the trailer but I was very happy to be pulling it with a brawny diesel.
The good news is that we now have a 32’x32’ 3-car garage to make into our shop! I finally got a chance to see it empty this weekend when we started moving in. It’s pretty full now that we have all our tools and raw materials in there >.<
But I was able to get the Maslow out of my trailer and into the shop!!!
It now has a pile of steel in front of it, but once we get a saw rail and cantilever rack up I’ll be able to get to it. I’m going to have to work quickly, however, because the Maslow’s about to earn it’s bacon making us furniture for our new home. I have more than a few cabinets to make for just the in-law apartment my wife and I will be living in.
And now my once shop trailer has been re purposed to logistics for the rest of the move. Once we’re done it will just be for storage and moving big awkward things around.
All that said, I still have machine testing that needs to be done. I’m going to take this opportunity to make a couple modifications to the machine, such as running the slack chains along the top of the machine and updating the firmware from 1.03? to 1.10. But after that, I have 2 major testing goals:
- Triangular kinematics
- Increasing Maximum Feedrate
For the triangular kinematics tests, I am going to have to do the full-bed test with @pillageTHENburn’s 45 degree kit given that I’m changing machine configuration. I would like to have as predictable results as possible, and if my changes affect the test results, I should see it by redoing one of the tests I’ve already done. I got @Dlang’s newer linkage system while I was packing for the move, so I will be testing that next. I also need to get my hands on Bar’s ring kit to have comparable results for each of the sled configurations.
After that, I would like to test how well the 25 tooth sprockets increase the machine’s feed rates. I have some worries about how well it will be able to move a heavier sled. I may have to take weights off my sled to get it to work. I saw some movement in my Increasing the Max Feedrate thread, so if someone beat me to this that’s awesome. I’m just happy to see results!
I will try to squeeze these tests in while I can. There’s a lot on my plate now with the new house, so I will juggling quite a lot this year.