Improved chain tensioning for top beam configuration

Hi All! I used the surgical tubing. Here are some shots of it in the base form. I am going to adjust the center section so it is not a big knot. :slight_smile: The idea is the tubing will form a closed loop. I will attach one side to the back board and the pulleys will allow the tubing to to spit the load to both runs. I used a small d-ring in place of the s-clips because I was getting tired of them flying off if adjusting the bands shipped with Maslow. If the sprocket jumps, everything will still be contained, although this has not happened to me during operation. This is my first run. I took some measurements of the chain idler sprockets center to center distance at all positions of the sled and came up with a minimum and maximum distance the two idler sprockets would be to each other. I then made a loop and tied it to the back 2x4. So for it is working great and I plan to move the slack side end of the chain to something other than a finish nail soon…just in case that pops off for some reason.

6 Likes