Initial frame measurements

Hello
So i have my machine all built and mounted to the floor and working through the calibration. I have entered the dimensions for the height and width. But when it goes to calibrate. I get an error center point deviation error.
Can i use those numbers generated to adjust the width and height to bring it within tol.
Thanks

1 Like

Do you have it set for horizontal or vertical? Did you measure center of pin to center of pin (i measured from top of pin to top of pin. Equals the same distance and easier)

1 Like

I have it set for horizontal. I remeasured afew times so not entirely sure

1 Like

from other posts, I think there is confusion over what ‘horizontal’ and
‘vertical’ mean.

David Lang

Brad wrote:

What is the error message that you are getting? It should say if the machine thinks that the frame is bigger than measured or smaller

1 Like

This was happening to me and I set the dimensions to a 6098mm square to extend all the belts fully. Then retracted them all the way to get a ‘clean spooling’ and that seemed to clear the center point error that kept saying it was off by more than 100mm.

3 Likes

This is what i am getting. I will try and unspool and retract see if thAt clears it up

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that, too. I plan on adding the following nomenclature guide to the wiki Manual

3 Likes

John Wolter wrote:

I’ve noticed that, too. I plan on adding the following nomenclature guide to the wiki Manual

can we add anything in the index.html?
horizontal (flat on floor)
vertical (leaning against a wall)

or something like that??

ideally your two images, but storage in small.

David Lang

1 Like

So with the numbers given after initial belt pull on how out my frame is, can i use this information to adjust my center point? And if so where would imput this.
Thanks

One thing i am noticing is that the bottom right is letting out alot more belt. As it is being pulled tight should this matter? It is also where i have been getting the most deviation from center

I will adjust and keep on keeping on.

1 Like

YES! Me too!

I am looking into why that might be

1 Like