Confused by steps in user guide

1. I entered size of my work-area into config and attached router as in

2. However my stand is vertical-ish, so when I extend all, the router ends up on the floor…now i’m stuck, cos it doesn’t make sense to do calibrate from there. What am I doing wrong?

I put the frame on ground…centered it…retracted, released, pressed calibrate and it dragged itself of the sheet of plywood.
Logs say:
[MSG:INFO: Center point deviation: TL: -0.029 TR: -0.033 BL: -2149.723 BR: -2984.081]
[MSG:ERR: Center point deviation over 100.000mmm, your coordinate system is not accurate, adjust your frame dimensions and restart.]
[MSG:ERR: Frame size error, try entering smaller frame dimensions and restart.]

My outside frame size is 2m H, 3m W and center plywood is 1.5

So the problem is that there is disagreement about how maslow is calculating how much track it’s releasing in diagonal vs the square dimensions entered into it. I’m now manually shrinking the dimensions to try to guesstimate the size where it would be able to both let me stretch the track to corner mounts and not consider it too loose

When I had that error before it was due to the frame dimensions that I entered being too far off from the actual frame dimensions. The instructions say that you don’t need the frame dimensions that you enter to be precise, but you actually need them reasonably close. You can try to measure your x and y frame dimensions to get more precision or you could try guesstimates like you mentioned later. I think trying to get a more precise measurement is the easier, faster, and better option in the long run (write them down somewhere after and keep them in case something happens to your maslow.yaml file and you have to enter them again). That being said, both should get you to the same place eventually. After the dimensions are close enough that it goes through with a calibration, the calibration takes over and will set the frame dimensions that it determines to be correct. Also, be sure to remove any router bits and lower the z axis until you start hearing the stepper motors click (that’s them bottoming out). You want the z all the way down while calibrating. I also recommend starting with a small calibration grid with fewer points, running a calibration, then using the numbers it determines in that calibration for another calibration with a larger grid for better accuracy. When I have tried to jump right into a 9x9 grid calibration, I always end up with some error that screws things up and I have to restart the calibration.

1 Like