Light bulb shaped pendant light

After finishing this project, I think it’s time to recalibrate. Quite a bit of sanding to round out the out of round rings (was off by about .25 inch on the small rings and almost .4 inch on the large ring) Was probably time to change to a new bit though. :confused:

21 Likes

Cool light! I like the color of the finished product too.

3 Likes

Hey Clint, I love your approach to this design.

Would you be able to either post your sketches here or make a garden post?
I’d like to see where I can pick up one of those light fixtures, too.

Thank you for sharing, I’m impressed as always :slight_smile:
-Jake

1 Like

Thanks so much Jacob!! Will get it there when I get a sec.

1 Like

The nylon braided wire and fixture I picked up on Amazon, will get links

1 Like

What a great project!!! Thanks for posting.

Hi Clint,

Fantastic project. I would like to make one for my cabin if you feel comfortable sharing the files. Either way, share or not, you have a fantastic eye as the light bulb shaped pendant light is really cool…

Thank you,

Glen A. Sedam

2 Likes

Great light! I used the same lamp cord but used an Edison bulb in my lamp! Good job!

1 Like

Thanks! Traveling right now but will get that uploaded soon

Thanks!! This is the Edison bulb that I ended up with!

2 Likes

Hi Clint - you had mentioned earlier that you could share the files for making this light. I would be very interested in trying to make this if you could. Thank you so much!

1 Like

would you be willing to share svg and nc file

1 Like

Clint,

Great Idea!

Thank you for being you.

1 Like

Sorry, I haven’t posted to the garden yet…Ive been busy with work projects. The svg file needs to be tweaked in a program like Inkscape to be perfectly round and notches in check. I used 1/2 inch baltic birch and when cut out, used a round over bit on each side to get the rounded edge.
svg
bulbv5.zip (51.6 KB)
nc
05bulb.zip (31.3 KB)

2 Likes

So clever and creative! Great design.

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks @valery485 !!
@Mom5 definitely check the svg dimensions, unless you just like sanding a lot :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: