Makerverse on Raspberry pi

Have you waited for the green led to stop flashing?
On a terminal on th pi, type ifconfig. This should show you an ip-address of the pi. Try that address from an other pc including the port 800. Like this 192,168.1.3:8000
You can check if the makervers webserver is running with

sudo systemctl status vncserver-x11-serviced

It was not running. How do I find it?

The VCN is working

I tried the stuff below to launch or even find it:

Sorry, was the wrong command i pasted. Try this

sudo systenctl status makerverse

Edit: if it’s not running, try using this lines one by one in a terminal

cd makerverse
sudo rm -rf bin/launch
sudo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/makermadecnc/makerverse/master/bin/launch -O bin/launch
sudo chmod +x bin/launch
sudo systemctl restart makerverse

This should be one line:
sudo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/makermadecnc/makerverse/master/bin/launch -O bin/launch

Cd makerverse/bin
./launch

This is what I got. It didnt launch Makerverse,

I was able to launch Makerverse. I still cannot connect to the Due board.
I have version #167 so I will let it stay on all night and see if it updates its self. As of rigth now I am getting this message:

The software did not update. And it still won’t connect. I ordered a new Raspberry pi board to see if this is a hardware problem

Running on an old RPi 3B+ 2017-2018. Sorry to be not much help, as my setup is the Mega. If flashing the image i posted and running the commands i suggested did not work, i have no more clues.

Edit: I was not sure if i should post this, as it goes under “do not try this at home”. Use at own risk.
Opening a terminal on the pi and typing the command -> sudo nano .makerverse you should find a file that you can edit.

Save files with nano by using crtl + o and exit with ctrl x. Make sure not to add line breaks or anything else.
Just look for the port and baud. Edit those if they are not correct. Exit and restart makerverse or reboot the pi.
Connect via a browser and if you see this

There is no need to connect with the connect on the home button on the top, that says create new workspace. Hoping you see a machine and use the connect button from there.

This is may or may not be a raspberry pi issue. If makerverse starts, the raspberry pi is functioning. What other USB devices do you have that can be used to test the raspberry pi USB ports? Will it detect a mouse or a keyboard? probably hard to tell if you don’t have it connected to a TV.

I have a mouse, keyboard, and monitor connected to it. They all work.

plug in the due and then do

lsusb

and see if the due shows up. should look like this (Arduino)

Does your raspberry pi have the graphical user interface or is it just command line? If graphical, you can install the arduino development environment and then use its serial monitor to see if the device is connecting and working. you may just want to install the beta version of makerverse and try that as an option if the IDE isn’t an option.

Where do I get the beta version?

Here are the results from your suggestions:

This is what I got when I put in the sudo nano. Makerverse:

1 - due works on makerverse in windows.
2 - due has latest firmware
3 - makerverse on raspberry pi loads and serves web page
4 - makerverse on raspberry pi will not communicate with due
due is likely to be “/dev/ttyACM0”
due baud rate is 38400

Are you loading the raspberry pi web page from the raspberry pi or from a local networked computer that is loading the web page from the raspberry pi?

I think it is a permissions issue. I think you need to run these lines in your terminal:

sudo echo ‘KERNEL==“ttyUSB[0-9] ",MODE=“0666”’ >> /etc/udev/rules.d/49-makerverse.rules
sudo echo 'KERNEL=="ttyACM[0-9]
”,MODE=“0666”’ >> /etc/udev/rules.d/49-makerverse.rules

These will give makerverse permission to open the port.

If “no file exists or permission denied,” then you might need to make the file:

sudo touch /etc/udev/rules.d/49-makerverse.rules

and then run those lines again from the command prompt. I’m out of ideas at this point.

This is what I ended up with. Even with running the touch code it still gave me a permission denied message. I really want to thank you guys for trying to make this work. Has anyone ran a raspberry pi on the M2?

Edit: Yes everything you posted 1 through the 38000 is true. Also I can run the Raspberry pi from a loca pc or at the raspberry pi.

I have one running with an M2 controller.

go to the folder and see if the rules file exists:

cd /etc/udev/rules.d

if the file is or is not there, open it or create it with this command:

sudo nano 49-makerverse.rules

In the file there should be 2 lines like this:

These are the lines in text for copy paste. If using ssh, the right click button will paste for you

KERNEL==“ttyUSB[0-9]",MODE=“0666”
KERNEL=="ttyACM[0-9]
”,MODE=“0666”

save and exit the file with control + X to exit, then verify the name and confirm yes. you can go back to your home folder with

cd ~

or close out the terminal with

exits

BUT you will need to reboot to get the rules file to read and for permissions to change:

sudo shutdown -r now

(you can actually turn off the pi with a -h instead of rebooting with the -r)
OR

sudo reboot

try that change, then go back in and see if you can open the port with makerverse.

I fallowed these instructions and everything went just like you stated however it still won’t connect. I have a new Raspberry pi board on its way. I will report if that was the solution.

With a new Raspberry pi it still won’t connect. Is there a firmware update for the due that I need?

you can install minicom.

sudo apt-get install minicom

from a terminal window, you run it

sudo minicom /dev/ttyACM0

once in, to get to the menu, you have to use some strange key commands

Ctrl+A then Z to get the menu to pop up,
then select O for configure
then select serial port setup
then select the letter A to change the device if /dev/tty8 or something other than /dev/ttyACM0
select enter to close that
select E to change the baud rate
D selects 34800
Q select 8N1 (which it should)
then press enter until the menu goes away and then exit

do you see anything in the window once the settings are correct? you should see input like this:

<Sleep|MPos:0.000,0.000,2.001|FS:0,0|Pn:X>

to exit the program you press ctrl+a then z then x and select YES and press enter.

If this works, it is a makerverse issue on the pi, not the serial port, not the USB.
I would suggest you download the newest makerverse version and try it out as well.

You can get the latest Due firmware here

Everything worked like you said it should, however it did not show this:

The Due still won’t connect with the Raspberry Pi. It will connect with my laptop.