Maslow M2/Makerverse Help

I have several questions.

1. What do the calibration numbers mean (see below)
  2. Is it possible to have the g code turn on/off the router?
  3. Is it possible to implement the touch plate module?

My first calibration. What do the first 3 numbers represent? Should the current “new” numbers become the “old” numbers on a subsequent calibration?

My second calibration using precision, it was worse so I did not apply. The sled wanted to tip as I was too close to the edge. I noticed the second calibration numbers under “old” do not match the first “new” numbers.

Third edge calibration (applied). Again the old and new numbers do not align between calibrations.

I am probably making an incorrect assumption. Maybe the “new” numbers don’t become the “old” numbers if you recalibrate. How should it work? What do the numbers mean?

I cut a 1,000 x 1,000 mm square and measured it. I cut it 12 times in different locations on a 4x8 sheet. It is always 1000.5 x 1003. Always. That “always” makes me think I can improve on the 1003. What setting do I look at in Makerverse to play with the Y. Y scale?

1. What do the calibration numbers mean (see below).

don’t have a good explanation for you on that one, but your Y distance being off may have to do with a bad Y height measurement from the motor to the spoil board. I’ve never had mine calibrate that close. I’ve had like 3 mm. I cut words, not precision parts so it doesn’t make a huge difference for me, but I can see it being a problem for when you need dimensional accuracy.

1. Is it possible to have the g code turn on/off the router?

Yes. M3/M4 can turn on forward/reverse and M5 will turn it off, but you must have the controller pin that is toggled for that command connected to a relay coil that actually will turn on and off your router.

1. Is it possible to implement the touch plate module?

Short answer: yes, But I’m not sure how on your M2 Due setup. Usually it involves a flat piece of metal and an alligator clip that connects to the router bit. One is ground, the other is the digital input and they connect to a specific pin on the controller. You will need to study up on that to figure out how to get it right.