Metal Maslow kit $600 ships Nov. Respond below if interested

Nice to see a Maslow cnc kit might be available to buy soon.
Is this the only option other than DIY/sold-out-classic?

This is a post copy from a FB group:

Maslow CNC is now being sold by 3 sources:

These 3 companies started offering the machine kits after the orginal maslow company decided to focus on other things.

I think Metal maslow seems to offer the best deal and are actually advancing the concept with new and improved parts.

3 Likes

Wondering if it would be possible to add a Router Speed Control box to the Rigid 2401/2402/24011/24012 (all the same routers). They lowest speed seems to be 17,000 which is really fastā€¦ According to the manual the speeds are, ā€œThe speed is adjustable from 20,000 r/min to 30,000 r/min.ā€ With one of those router variable speed controllers, we can get the spindle speed down to 5000 or at least 10kā€¦

Not sure if that is something we can do with this router, what thoughts does the community have?

1 Like

We have discussed this, the problem is that an external speed control would
fight with the built-in speed control and the result is that it shuts down
instead of slows down.

There was a post from somene who opened up their router and found that there are
a couple of pots on the controller board that let you adjust the min and max
speed. I donā€™t remember what the minimum speed was, but it was substantially
better than stock.

Iā€™d bet that changing some components on the board would further widen the
control, and that you could also hack in support to adjust itā€™s speed from the
arduino.

David Lang

1 Like

Interestingā€¦ I would certainly be interested in knowing moreā€¦

Thanks for this information howeverā€¦

see Router speed question

3 Likes

Donā€™t forget that the routers are air cooled, using the speed of the router to drive the fan blades. Reducing the RPMs below a threshold may introduce some extra heating of the motor.

1 Like

topogigio has the smaller ridged palm router not the bigger R22002 that many use.
As long as you registered the router when you bought it, it should have a lifetime warranty I would just use it and make sure you change the brushes often enough and it will be fine. if it does break just get it replaced for free fomr home depot.

1 Like

Hello, just new to the forum.
I am interested in buying a kit if they are still available.
In Australia so would prefer to purchase router locally for warranty ect.
Best Regards
Paul

1 Like

WOOOHOOO!!! Almost January - I canā€™t wait for SHIPPING!! W00T!!

1 Like

I am interested in one of your kits and am located in the lower 48. Is there somewhere to sign up to get notified when the kits will be available for purchase?

@Metalmaslow - Howā€™s the container ship? Still a Jan 6 ETA?

I am considering buying a kit for a community housing project workshop in Vancouver, Canada.

Ocean freight still not in USA. Probably first or second week of Jan.

1 Like

@David_Neufeld Way back, possibly our replaced first forum, there was a lenghty discussion about building tiny housing including @bar 's original project to build a home for a womanā€™s shelter. As I remember (mature moose) the consensus was that the Maslow was best used making templates that could then be used make parts. Table, circular, band, etc saws and other power tools vastly faster than our Maslows, while Maslows are better at providing accurate and flexible guides (i.e. the templates) that allow fast production with less skilled helpers.

I have a recurring daydream (some moose do, some moose dream but donā€™t get enough toits) of a trailer mounted CNC device that will take a stack of construction (maybe the Chinese guyā€™s construction birch?) plywood and cut out wall sheathing. For extra credit it could spit laser marked studs out the other side, or even nail/glue them to the panels).

Another idea is Maslowing reusuable aerocrete forms, think concrete mixed with foamed up dishwashing soap (giggle it, cool stuff), Dawn to a home. Couldnā€™t fit ā€œduskā€ in there, alas

1 Like

Put me down for one as soon as they come in. Cash in hand.

1 Like

Definitely interested in a complete kit. Any chance of picking it up?

1 Like

Any update on when we will be able to pay you?

Iā€™m in for one when available!

Can you run a spindle with the Metal Maslow setup, or would it be more trouble than what itā€™s worth?