Hi I will be offering a Metal Maslow kit for sale Beginning in November 2018. We have an initial order of parts to make 100 kits. We will have a mailing list sign up soon. You can also private message me your email address to be added. Our preliminary website is at metalmaslow.bigcartel.com
Main Differences Between Discontinued Maslow and New Metal Maslow Kit. The following is included:
- Makita RT0701C router with 1 year warranty. ( will also sell without router)
- C-Beam Axis with faster Z axis motor mount and clamp for above router. Dewalt 611 can also be supported if a different clamp is used. Both of these routers are widely available in Europe and other countries in 220v.
- Laser Cut Steel Base plate so ring, router, z axis etc. lines up exactly. Thicker rotation ring.
- Longer 14’ plated #25 chain (very rust resistant) which can be used to widen the motor spacing.
- TLE5206 Power Control Board with AUX pins and fan cooled aluminum enclosure.
- Pulleys for counter weighting the slack chain side instead of elastic cord.
- Arduino controlled power switch & aux cable for automatic on/off of router (One should still never leave machine unattended)
- AUX cable and metal plate for Zeroing the z axis
- Larger 12V power supply with two extra 6amp leads for powering optional led shop lights or other gadgets.
- Some starter router bits so you can get cutting as soon as possible.
Things that are the same.
Same main motors to move the sled. You will still have to use your own pc and buy accessories like dust collector, plywood, etc.
Same wooden frame and over all basic use & functionality. Accuracy and repeatability might be slightly better due to above improvements, but don’t expect some quantum leap in performance.
Overall cost will be about the same, however due to ongoing trade war with China prices are expected to rise in 2019. By $30 or more.
Old kit was $410 plus the recommended Rigid router ($175-$195) put total at about $600.
New metal maslow kit will be about $600 as well which includes the Makita Router and a bunch more listed above.
Payment will be online via secure credit card transaction.
Shipping via the US Post office flat rate shipping in USA. Please send private message with email if interested.
I will be updating this top thread as more info becomes available so no need to read all posts below.