Metal Maslow kit $600 ships Nov. Respond below if interested

Ordered mine just now.

sendit sendit sendit sendit

I just ordered now, I stay connected for updates

The email we received from Metal Maslow says this:

We will begin taking orders Mid January.

That is why I was confused. The OP has made it clear in multiple posts that they were not going to take orders until they had something to sell. According to the email received a few days ago, the items have arrived in NY harbor, but they still needed to be shipped overland before they could be re-packaged and shipped out to customers. Based on the information we have at this point, the items are either in a shipping container at the harbor, or on a truck or in a warehouse somewhere.

After multiple posts about fairness, and not taking orders, or peopleā€™s money until the items were ready to ship, I think it is a little suspicious that the website is now accepting orders.

I am excited to see what the kits they are shipping out will look like, and canā€™t wait to order one myself, but just want to sure about what we are getting before I send a new startup $500-600 of my money.

Sorry for the confusion. My website guy forgot to put the site back into maintenance mode when he was making some updates yesterday. So some people snuck in and placed orders earlier than I wanted. We really do appreciate the enthusiasm, but we havenā€™t even finished putting photos of everything yet. As Bhambrew says we do not have the parts yet, (but they are on their way) so kits will not ship till February. If anyone wants a refund because they cannot wait that long just send us an email.

3 Likes

Dude, @Bhambrew please chill out man. Youre pouring it on too thick and Iā€™m asking you to tone it back a bit.

If you are not comfortable ordering then donā€™t. I donā€™t think your berating the OP is justifiable or merited.

1 Like

No worries, @Metalmaslow! We understand things happen. Keep doing what you need to do.

Iā€™m guilty of this haha. No worries, I can wait. At least I donā€™t need to constantly check up on the forum and the website.

@TopoGigio I mean no disrespect to anyone. Iā€™m not berating the OP, and all my posts have been both polite and respectful. I just had a few questions, and @Metalmaslow has been very helpful in providing answers to those questions, to the benefit of everyone following this thread who is eager to order a kit. If you think I am being unfair, I can post future questions directly to @Metalmaslow via email. I apologize if you disagree with my tone. In every one of my posts I have thanked the OP for the new information provided.

I tried to upload these to the community garden, but it seems to be not working right now. These are 3d printable clamps for our Z axis. The STL files are big so the first one will be 55mm clamp, with other sizes to follow. the most critical dimension is the center of rotuer bit to Gantry plate distance is 2 inches for all clamps so no matter what router/spindle you use, the bit will be centered.

YOU WILL NEED TO TAP THE 4 OUTERMOST HOLES ON THE C BEAM BLACK GANTRY PLATE TO BOLT ON THESE 3D PRINTED CLAMPS. A 1/4-20 OR M6 METRIC THREAD IS BEST. Use plenty of oil when tapping to prevent breaking the tap.

You will also need 2 carriage bolts 1/4-20 thread, washers, and two lock nuts to secure the router in the clamp. These are available at any hardware store.

Recommendations:
Always use thread locking glue or lock nuts to avoid loosening over time.

These files have not been tested, use at your own risk and NEVER leave your CNC machine unattended.

Recommended slicer settings:
ORIENTATION IS IMPORTANT, FLAT BOTTOM OF THE CLAMP, MUST SIT ON THE BUILD PLATE
FAILURE TO PRINT IN THE RIGHT ORIENTATION MAY CAUSE LAYER FAILURE AND ROUTER TO COME LOOSE.

Use as thick of a nozzle as possible for faster prints and stronger layers 0.8mm is recommended with a layer height of 0.5.

PLA can warp in temperatures over about 95F. Use PETG or ABS for more durable clamps.

Minimum Bed Teperature of 60C.

if you need the STLā€™s modified in anyway please contact me.

55mm spindle maslow clamp.stl (2.7 MB)

3 Likes

3.5 router maslow clamp.zip (1.4 MB)
clamp for 3.5" diameter routers very common size in USA.

2 Likes

bosch palm router maslow clamp.zip (1.3 MB)
Rigid palm router maslow clamp.zip (1.3 MB)
Clamps for Bosch and Rigid palm routers.

3 Likes

This is great, thank you!!!

Shut up and take my money! Sendit as fast as you can maker man.

1 Like

Whatā€™s up with the site? Itā€™s under maintenance for a day or something nowā€¦ @Metalmaslow ?

the site will open for sales Jan 20. Thank you for your patience.

3 Likes

I got an over $6000 customs/duty bill from the government broker today but guess what the customs website and phone is not being answered because of the shut down. Everything from china got a 10% or 25% additional tax added on to it, even though it arrived before the end of the year. It might be cheaper to just not fight it because the port charges about $150 a day storage fees. I honestly think it would of been cheaper to just have everything shipped express air vs ocean freight at this point. I think I will call my politicians and vent. Probably wontā€™ do much but will let me vent.

5 Likes

Wow that is a bit over the top. I hope the end result of all this crap is we start making stuff again.

1 Like

So how does this affect a shipping date? Status update?

it will delay it about a week. Next time Iā€™m going to try and get the kits pre sorted and boxed in China and hopefully they will fall under a different tax HS code, but not positive on that. I asked a chinese xyz cartesian cnc kit seller for the HS code and looked it up online and it was subject to a 25% tarriff as well.

Sad thing is even with the 25% tarriffs it is still much cheaper to buy it in China. Most stuff I cannot even find a usa manufacture.

1 Like

I am interested in the new M&M kit, please advise/post when orders can be placed. Currently have several porter cable routers, but not adverse to a Makita if a better setup with the CNC system.