Metal Maslow kit $600 ships Nov. Respond below if interested

The weight of a complete kit with z is 5,3 kg.

Thanks, Az_Agg. Good to know.

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

Hi Metalmaslow,

I really appreciate all your work in getting these kits prepared. It must be very exciting, fun, frustrating and stressful all at once.

Is there anything I can do to help?

1 Like

When you have them ready, Iā€™m interested too. Thanks much.

It is more work than I thought it would be, but we are almost there. made about 50 feet of shelving and countertop space for packing up stuff.

5 Likes

Sounds like you are on on final stages, thank you for the effort. My first build will be in your honor. Iā€™ll build youā€¦ a HERRING!

Hi-

Iā€™d piped up on this thread back in September that we were interested in ordering (or pre-ordering) this kit. Checking back in I understand the kits arenā€™t quite for sale yet. Iā€™m wondering how you are going to go about the sale? From what I can tell there is perhaps more demand than supply at this point. Hopefully you will be satisfying the orders from those who first expressed interest? And if so, how will you be contacting us? Just wondering if I should be checking this forum on a daily basis orā€¦? Thanks a lot!

3 Likes

Good to hear your almost ready to ship. I am ready to send funds. Will you accept PayPal ? Also I need a 80mm spindle holder to be 3D printer.
Thanks again for all the hard work.

1 Like

Of course :smiley:

Lots to learn and discover while youā€™re waiting

Where are we at on the shipment process? A time line of ā€˜end of the monthā€™ was put out earlier. Can we get an update?

A status update from @Metalmaslow would be nice, keeps everyone from guessing whether heā€™ll deliver!

Update: I decided to hire people to help me start putting together all the kits because Iā€™m very busy and need some help. I live in the country/rural which doesnā€™t help that much. Anyone that has run a business knows how difficult it is to find decent workers. Counting a dozen screws 200 times, then 3 heat sinks 200x gets pretty tedious. Something that takes 1 minute to do takes 200 minutes to do when you have 200 kits being made. There was a handfull of people that snuck in a preorder; if you want a refund we can do that.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. Take the time you need better to do it once and do it right then having to deal with returns due to bad quality control. Nice to hear that is coming along nicely. Just save me a kit as I am ready to order as soon as you are ready to process my order.

1 Like

I understand most high volume packagers will weigh screws, etc rather than actually count them. Iirc this is what Bar did.

1 Like

My mom had a business when I was a kid where they sold quantities of very small items. They had a scale that would tell you how many was placed on the scale. Pretty handy!

1 Like

I was one of those who snuck in an order. I am not asking for a refund. Just looking for an update.

By weight is a good suggestion for the small bitsā€¦

1 Like

I realized I had an entire bag of woodscrews left at the end ( forgot that they were provided).
What Iā€™m saying is that as most woodworkers go they keep the supply or have a supply available of wood screws. I was grateful that Bar & Hannah sent me some because we can always use help getting supplies but as far as availability itā€™s the other stuff that really counts to have in the kit. Just my two cents. :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah, those were cool. typical balance scale, but without sliding weights. Instead, three trays, marked 1, x10, and x100. drop single items in the trays until the bar is centered, count the three trays, and youā€™ve got your inventory count.

what is the name of this machine called? I might invest in it. The ones I have looked at were all digital/electronic pharmacy/drug related and very expensive.