Metal Maslow kit $600 ships Nov. Respond below if interested

I don’t have any links to them now. It was called a ‘counting scale’, and my experience with it was 40 years ago, in a factory setting, counting pallet-sized bins of transmission gears. I’m sure that smaller countertop ones exist, but I’ve no pointers to them at this time.

This should work
clicky here

The reviews of that particular unit are discouraging, but that’s the class device you need. Look for something that will handle unit weights less than what you expect the lightest component you need to count accurately (cheap small screws you can wing, everybody likes some extras (Ikea…).

My metal maslow window for this year has passed, but I hope you’ll be around for next fall’s snowbird season. As it turned out there were more things to work on than planned (like always, sigh) but the final garage wall should be scrubbed, de-mildewed, and painted (zinsser mold killing primer and paint) in the next few days and ready for next winter’s metal maslow build. Did get the variable speed pool pump motor installed and (first pass) programmed today so the must finish list is dwindling

2 Likes

I have a maslow kit that I have not started using yet, but would be interested in getting on the list for your kit. How can I be added to your list?

I’m writing a new edition of Made On Maslow magazine and wanted to check on this.
I’ve been following this thread as I suspect many have, I see a picture of a sled back on Nov 18th. The sled deviates from the standard sled shape and I’m concerned the extra surface on that sled could create added friction. How are you dealing with that? We have seen various pictures of parts. Can you post a Video of what the delivered Metal Maslow looks like cutting?

Thank you

1 Like

As a small business owner (engineering company), i do understand your plight with regards to finding ‘help’. most of the ‘good’ workers already have jobs so that leaves us with many folks that are looking for get paid to do very little or could care less about quality (accuracy in your case).

I am sure you will sell out of your 200 kits in lille time. I just hope I am quick enough on the draw to get one.

1 Like

Although I’m really late to the party, (and new to the forum), I’d really like to know when these kits become available. Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome, @farmguy!

Any updates ? Can we get on a confirmed shipping list. I am also the one who needs the 3D printed 80mm spindle holder.

the final sled has all rounded corners and uses UHMW trim around the edges so it actually should have the least amount of friction. The linkage arms were made smaller 7
vs 9". I’ll post a video when I get it reassembled.

5 Likes

Been lurking for a while and been putting off buying until this is available, so yes, very interested.

1 Like

@Metalmaslow Can we get an update on when and if this will be available? I am ready to pull the trigger on purchasing but I have been waiting for your kit to become available. Even if you are unsure of a definite date, a ballpark date will be fine.
Cheers!

1 Like

Probably in about a week. Spent all this week painting steal sleds black and adding UHMW around perimeter. Have about 150 out of 288 done. Had to build 3 work tables out of palettes to hold the 3500 lbs of sleds. Bought some reamers to debur the linkage arms so bronze olite bearings will have about 5 thousandths to rotate smoothly.

4 Likes

@goverland , Welcome to the forums!
@Metalmaslow , Wow! That’s dedication! Some venture you’re on!

1 Like

Sounds good looking forward to placing my order.

Interested, would love to get one when available

Likewise, interested.

Oooh. Yes very interested!

Please don’t take this criticism the wrong way (I was unfairly accused earlier in this thread of being unkind to @metalmaslow for asking too many questions). I consider myself to be one of the most enthusiastic supporters of your kit, and have put off purchasing the other kits for over six months because I really feel like yours has the potential to be that much better than the rest…but, you have to understand that when you say things like “Probably in about a week” and then its radio silence for THREE weeks, this doesn’t instill confidence in your future customers. I completely understand that there have been some bumps on the road to getting your kits ready for market, but you have done very little to help convince the community that you will be organized enough to support this endeavor if and when your kits do reach the market. The website went black, and aside from a few sentences here on this thread every month, we have seen almost nothing to demonstrate that you are making any progress towards the stated goal of having kits ready to ship.

If I’m the only one here that feels like this, then shame on me and I will refrain from posting here again. I’m not asking for a shipping date, or even to be included on a list of buyers (although I would like to be), all I’m asking is for a couple of photos showing us what you are working on, a little more communication with this very supportive and enthusiastic community, and perhaps a video showing your kit in action (as Bar suggested). After all, none of us have even seen the final version cutting! I’m sure you’ve made hundreds of feet of cuts with your prototypes and production version before you got to the point where you are assembling and packaging hundreds of kits to sell here?

With my sincere respect and encouragement towards your efforts, I (we) would be grateful for any substantive updates that you are willing to share with the community.

9 Likes

Thanks for feedback. sorry for missed deadlines. Will try to post some videos this weekend. Finished putting together a couple hundred linkage kits this week.

5 Likes