Motor Gear failure?

Hi All.

Recently one of the motor gear have failed :frowning:

1. The teeth of the gear got chewed off. Have anyone seen the same issue?

2. Is there a way to just buy just gear somewhere? everything else seem like in a good condition. This assembly have less then 5 hours run time on it. I went ahead and ordered a replacement for the whole assembly, but im concern about if the same gear will fail again.

Thanks

We have seen gears fail before, but only after much longer run times. I’ve worn one out which looked similar to the picture, and someone in the community had a gear which came with a broken tooth from the factory.

I don’t know of a way to buy just the gear which needs to be replaced, but I will contact the manufacturer.

2 Likes

Thanks bar. If they are available for purchase, I will probably grab a few set for back up.

What did you end up figuring out? My teeth were ground down in 2 months weekend use.

Bar sent me some replacement. I also purchased another set of gear box. I have been using the new gear box for probably 100 hours now. still running strong.

1 Like

Do you remember if it was your left or right motor?

I’ve had a similar problem with my left motor. I’ve used it for approximately 100 hours before left motor could only turn one side. Do we have any news from the manufacturer? I’ve already ordered 2 other motor from the maslow website.
I see you @Johnny5 have bought a another set of gear where did you find those?
Is the behaviour of your motor similar to mine (working only in one way and not well) or is it a complete motor failure in both ways?

1 Like