MWAHAHAHA It's alive! (almost)

Got my kit yesterday. Had to work today. Finally got a chance to hook up the electronical parts (yes, electronical - trainer at DTV call center kept saying that and now it’s stuck in my brain). Had some issues with the test motors. Left and right failed but z worked great. Started with 1.18 version, downloaded 1.2. Switched to newer computer thinking there was port problem (win7 then win10). Confirmed arduino was working with the blink program. Threw a short temper tantrum (nothing was thrown) Disconnected everything, discovered cause was operator error, hollered at myself for a good minute or so (if I didn’t know myself so well I would have been deeply offended by some of the things I called myself). Proceeded to plug the left and right motors into the shield instead of each other and everything worked correctly on both computers.
But now I have extra shifts at work so no real progress will be made until the weekend.
Thanks
Jim

6 Likes

Ahh, the adventure begins! What kind of frame will you build?

Keep in touch and ask question as you go.

Best of luck!

2 Likes

Welcome… To THE MACHINE! :new_moon_with_face::wrench::computer:

2 Likes

It’s a hybrid standard/bolt together frame with a 2x6 top beam offset an extra inch and a half to allow for 2x? material also (with some manual labor to switch back and forth. Unfortunately due to height restrictions I had to keep a regular size frame. The frame is mostly complete, I just need to mount the motors before I put the beam on the frame (motors will end up with about 3 inches of clearance from ceiling).
Can’t wait for the weekend to get it completed.

2 Likes

I know the feeling, also a low ceiling. As a plus: we could maybe attach the pulley system to the ceiling :smile:

1 Like