New ring system

Hello All,

just wondering, if the most updated cut paths for the Maslow are on Github,

in anticipation for the machine to arrive, i want to get the files ready.

does the sled file, have the correct holes in place for the new Ring system?
also, is there a guide for how to set the ring up?
i have been looking and couldnt find,

very excited!
thank you

I have not seen any directions on the ring installation yet. My understanding it it will be very easy to install. We are working on some other designs. It’s unclear if the sled will continue to be “Cut”. We are moving to designs that don’t have a temp build. I’m going to make a very quick sled by taking a 20 inch (508mm) square and removing the corners to form an octagon and sand the edges.

Thank you

1 Like

Thanks to @blurfl there’s a printable sled PDF. Gluestick it on plywood, cut (I used what’s now called a jig saw after jig saws became scroll saws, and a disk sander to sand to the lines, but you should be able to use a few basic hand tools) with your favorite technique and you won’t need a Maslow

2 Likes

Assuming you have a router, you could make a Circle-Cutting-Jig to make a round sled.
Router-Circle-Cutting-Jig

where can i find the PDF?

Linked in the topic a few posts down

1 Like

The sled should be identical except that you don’t need the four holes that the old chain brackets mounted to. The ring screws to the surface of the sled using 18 screws in a similar way to the way the z-axis attaches except that the hardware has been beefed up a little bit.

2 Likes

just so I understand the answer to droks ring question, there’s no set measurements or holes to be made on the sled to attach the ring.

That is correct. The only important measurement is that the ring be centered around the router bit and we will send a paper template to help with that.

2 Likes

thanks bar for the quick reply, you guys are great, I’m so glad drock asked that question. it was on my mine for a while now.

1 Like

The forums are great for that! If one person has a question, the rest of us probably to too! :grinning:

1 Like

can you upload a AI, or DXF file for the template for new ring please! i will add it my cut file

1 Like

Yes! Give me a couple minutes to get it ready.

1 Like

Alignment Template.dxf (62.1 KB)

Let me know if that doesn’t work!

2 Likes

There is a 1in by 1in (25.4mm) square in the corner which is just there to make sure the file didn’t get scaled wrong in the printing process so ignore it :grinning:

2 Likes

Just checked my inbox and say that the kits will be delayed shipping. So, I was planning on working on the Sled this weekend, and I am glad I saw this, because i was going to use my Jasper Circle cutting jig and cut out a 17 inch circle and a 3" hole in the center. 17 inch is still the recommended diameter?

Since your template uses the center point I will hold off on the center hole. The Jasper jig uses a small 1/8" pin to center on, I will not route it out until after the template holes are drilled.

1 Like

17 inches IS still the right size. I believe that there are files for both 17 and 18 inches floating around and either one will work well. The hope with the template is that you would be able to reference it to a sled which already had the center hole cut out, but since you have the option to leave the center in I think that sounds like a good plan.

1 Like

I’m kind of .dxf challenged, a personal shortcoming :grin:, so I made a BigPrint .pdf version of the template on a 1 inch grid to print out and paste together. MaslowCNC-ring-template.pdf (218.1 KB))

4 Likes

What is the status of the Ring System? Part availability for existing kit owners?

2 Likes

As I understand it Bar is waiting for them to arrive. As soon as they arrive
there will be a mad scramble to get the new kits out to people, after that they
rings will be available for sale to retrofit machines

He doesn’t want to have to deal with the individial orders while he is trying to
get the massive shipments out.

3 Likes