OpenGL 1.1 to 2

I tried installing Win 10 on this netbook. No luck same OpenGL issue. Bee is helping me with a bootable linux solution.

I think my best option is to run a 65ft active usb cable to the pc and use an Amazon Tablet to remote desktop in to the pc. This gives me a nice lightweight portable android solution without the android / ground control issues we currently have.

The only real problems I foresee will be issues with usb cable and dropping the connection. I will also wire in Power Kill switch on the machine if it all goes wrong.

Thanks

I’m having the same issue. What is troublesome to me is that I’ve been using the same laptop with no issues previously until trying the latest arduino fw.

I started Maslow with v1.25 FW and GC. I then changed to Joshua’s Holey FW and GC update (v1.25 plus his holey calibration updates). I then went to get v1.26, an while I’m at it uploaded v1.8.9 arduino, from 1.8.8. Ever since doing that I get the OpenGL error below.

I went back to v1.8.8 arduino fw and still get this:

1. Open FV v1.26 ino. Verify 3 settings for TLE Mega board. Upload.
  2. Close Arduino IDE.
  3. Unplug USB and power from Arduino/shield.
  4. Connect power to Arduino/shield
  5. Delete Groundcontrol.ini
  6. Open GroundControl-Windows.Portable.v1.26 (bat file)

\

M$ automatic updates are enabled and updated.

This did not work for me.

[WARNING] [Config ] Older configuration version detected (20 instead of 19)
[WARNING] [Config ] Upgrading configuration in progress.
[INFO ] Kivy: v1.10.0
[INFO ] Python: v2.7.14 (v2.7.14:84471935ed, Sep 16 2017, 20:19:30) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
[INFO ] Factory: 194 symbols loaded
[INFO ] Image: Providers: img_tex, img_dds, img_sdl2, img_pil, img_gif (img_ffpyplayer ignored)
[INFO ] OSC: using for socket
[INFO ] Window: Provider: sdl2
[INFO ] GL: Using the “OpenGL” graphics system
[INFO ] GL: GLEW initialization succeeded
[INFO ] GL: No framebuffers extension is supported
[INFO ] GL: Backend used
[INFO ] GL: OpenGL version <1.1.0>
[INFO ] GL: OpenGL vendor
[INFO ] GL: OpenGL renderer
[INFO ] GL: OpenGL parsed version: 1, 1
[CRITICAL] GL: Minimum required OpenGL version (2.0) NOT found!

OpenGL version detected: 1.1

Version: 1.1.0
Vendor: Microsoft Corporation
Renderer: GDI Generic

Try upgrading your graphics drivers and/or your graphics hardware in case of problems.

The application will leave now.

I just noticed that I have python v2.7.10. Why does the above script say 2.7.14? This is what “launch ground control.ini” produces in the kivy log.

Does v1.26 GC require v2.7.14 python?

Open Device amanger, what display adapter are you using?

It looks like Intel did not make a Windows 10 driver for Intel graphics 3000. You may have been using an older driver that been installed in compatibility mode. I think I asked you in another thread, about Windows automatic updates. You are not alone, a lot of unhappy gamers encountered graphics issues after a Windows 10 update last month.

You could try Windows 7 or 8 driver, as discussed here. Linux also might just work out of the box. WebControl, also should work for you.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-opengl-acceleration-with-hd-3000-on-windows-10/56709733-ea57-41fe-9a2b-978e834cc118

2 Likes

Thanks. I don’t typically let windows updates run amok but I inherited this laptop from my wife and didn’t shut it off. Also Win10 makes it very difficult to completely shut off updates.

Anyway, I did go back to @Joshua 's “MaslowCNCFirmwareUpdate-master” and “GroundControlUpdate-master” and I am able to run again. Either a Windows update or the kivy, numpy and python updates I did to get his fw to work has now locked me into Joshua’s fw for now. To quote Seinfeld…“not that there’s anything wrong with that!”. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

GroundControl worked fine until the Windows Spring Feature update to 1903. Now I get a Kivy OpenGL ver error, see screenshot Kivy%20Error . I have updated all drivers including graphics.The way I know this is directly related to the update is that it happened on another PC 2 days ago and I chalked it up to a driver glitch. I replaced the computer and ended up with the same error on the new one. But clearly since both PCs ran GroundControl before and neither could run it after it has to be windows 1903 update related. Would be nice to see if their is a fix or a workaround

hmm… i have some possible fixes for the opengl 1.1.0 issue:

open powershell as an administrator, and run this:
[Environment]::SetEnvironmentVariable(“KIVY_GL_BACKEND”, “angle_sdl2”, “User”)

Otherwise, if for some reason you wanted to do it manually instead of using powershell, do this:

1. right click on This PC then open Properties .
  2. go to Advanced system settings .
  3. click on Environment Variables .
  4. click on New in User variables for — .
  5. put KIVY_GL_BACKEND in Variable name .
  6. put angle_sdl2 in Variable value .

and/or:

navigate to C:\users\%USERNAME%\.kivy\
and open config.ini

find the line
multisamples = 2
and change it to
multisamples = 0

Then save it and reboot your computer.

If neither of these work, then windows likely replaced your graphics driver with one that doesn’t support opengl, Maybe you can roll it back?

1 Like