P9S Stool from instructables

This is a really nice result that you have gotten. I am trying to make a stool and I cannot cannot cannot get the holes in the seat to match the sized of the leg. Somehow I keep getting an inside cut, I have tried to trim out a pocket in fusion 360, I have tried to cut outside holes in fusion 360, I of course have curt inside holes ads well. How did you go from design file to output? I am lost I have tried this file four times thus far. The machine makes so much noise, it draws attention to my failures on a grand scale and the stool that I am tryingto make is so simple that I think that I should be able to make it no problem, obviously incorrect assumption. If you would pleas share your design CAD and CAM process I would greatly appreciate it. I am trying to make the eddie set:

It looks like there are more than one stool or setting upon parts, I will look at the file to see if Iomited something that I should not have

Hello,
I was not too happy with the P9 files I could find online so I drew them again using LibreCAD ,a 2D program.
Export it as makercam SVG and then produce the G-code with makercam.

Regards,
Jan

2 Likes

Jan,

Is there any way that you might share your .nc file? This is another way that I have heard that someone has used multiple programs to complete a project. First time that I have ever heard of Librecad.

I don’t have any nc files, I throw them away when I finish a job.
If I have to do it again I buy wood,measure the exact thickness, adjust the cad drawings(pocket size). Then I rout out a test pocket to check the fit(the Maslow tends to cut pocket a bit too small) and when it does I generate the nc files for that specific job.
An easy way to adjust your pocket size if you don’t want to change your drawing is to change the size of your bit in the settings before generating the nc file. For instance if you’re using a 6mm bit and your pocket is 1mm too small, set the bit size to 5mm and the pocket will grow 1mm in all directions. For the outlines I then generate a separate file with the 6mm bit size.

2 Likes

Would love to make one of these lounge chairs but the files on instructables all seem to be broken. They are all only a few KB and won’t open.
Anyone have any?
David

I was able to open in .dwg file Fusion 360, the link below should let you download as .dxf or sketchup file.

https://a360.co/2KuxkuR

Be careful on the pockets, you may need to adjust them to your stock.

I made the P9S stool and my pockets were a little off, but I was able to salvage the job.

4 Likes