Question for 3D printing Maslovians

After awhile I started having problems with adhesion on the bendy bed, I have worked around it by using a small raft instead of the other options.

1 Like

Gluestick!

Thank you

Canā€™t beat gluestick, but you can just wash it off after you build up many layers. I had a stack of double strength glass pieces that Iā€™d swap every now and then and run the built up ones through the dishwasher after the usual rinse Itā€™s safe for kids so any non-rinsed residue must be safe for adults (no guarantees and hair around my antlers are getting a little thin)

Also handy if you have kids, washes off tables and hands, and with the rise of 3D printing itā€™s become super cheap

Elmerā€™s All Purpose School Glue Sticks, Washable, 60 Pack, 0.24-ounce sticks

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008XDXU44

1 Like

The moose theme is very entertaining. Thank you and bravo.

1 Like

I found another solution on thingiverse today, slow down the speed of the adhesion printing.

1 Like

Thereā€™s sugar water, abs juice, hairspray, acrylic floor polish, kapton, pet, bare and sandblasted glass, blue tape, and a raft of other things. Pretty much anything sticky got tried be somebody back when 3D printing was still pretty new. I tried a number of them somewhere around 2013 or so, did a write-up, and stuck with stick.

Couldnā€™t find the write-up (too many posts, fu not strong today) but hereā€™s an old discussion

1 Like

Finally i have bout ALUNAR SLA 3D Printer. after so many searches and reviews finally i was much satisfied with allthat3d reviews.

I will share my usage experience with you guys in few days. Bless you

1 Like

PEI on a heated bed works awesomely for meā€¦
Things stick really well, and the bottom finish of the part is near perfect. Easy to remove as well, just need to wait for the bed to cool down and the print pops off with a thin metal spatula.

Ender printers for sale again on Woot, hurry if you want one they will go quick.

https://www.woot.com/plus/sainsmart-ender-3-series-3d-printers

If you need larger parts there is a soft launch over here:

Looks like a good printer to me.

Thank you

Love my Maslow and I needed a bigger 3d printer, so I jumped on it.

got mine todayā€¦ looks great, could use a little documentation, usb only has 2 test prints and the cura 4.2.1 software.

leveled the bed printed the benchy from the usb card, was pretty good.

but when I saved a cura file to the usb drive, it no longer can read the usb anymore. Tried the SD and has been on and off reading it as well.

printed directly over usb using simplify 3dā€¦ onceā€¦ now the connection over usb is scrambled and can no longer connect.

Itā€™s not going so well for me anymore and I would love to use this guy for a large print I have been needing to run.

anyone else up and running with the mm300?

Working good, now, I had managed to change my baud rateā€¦ needs to be 250k. The USB flash is reading better now too, not sure why it was inconsistent for a while.

This thing has a huge print area and very quiet, all you can hear is the power supply fan. Dialing in my settings now!

1 Like

Which of the three ports on back of display are you using for the plug from printer? I installed cura but cant find printer

Contacted Maker Made FB page and they said to use ā€œauxā€ port for display cable and select Creality cr10 as 3d printer until their list updates

MM300 printer is up and running now thanks to this great video:

First project iw:

For those interested in dabbling in 3D printing but who havenā€™t bought a printer yet, Iā€™ve been experimenting with sending a few simple projects through a 3D printing service. So far the results have been excellent. Iā€™m also waiting on some Aluminum milling for a setup block for the CNC at the makerspace. We just got the first article back the other day so Iā€™ve posted some photos of the quality. Iā€™d be interested to hear from experienced 3D printers how they feel the prints compare to the ones you do at home. The post is here: 3D Prints for those of us without 3D Printers - Xometry Review

-Jeff

1 Like