Red blinking LED top left motor not retracting

I just finished building the m4. Did the firmware update. Z axis motors work perfectly. Went into config dialed in the settings clicked retract all. Nothing happened. Clicked on test. It said TOP LEFT motor not connected. I unplugged and plugged it back it still same error. I opened the top cover disconnected the fan. Ran the retract function again and it worked except for the top left motor. I tried multiple times the motors gave out buzzing sound and then they would I believed the motors were trying to retract and then realises they’re already retracted and then they stop trying. But the TOP LEFT motor doesn’t move at all. Now when after putting in ver 79 when I click retract the buzzing sound is gone too for all the motors.

I tried connecting the other motor in the place of top left still no response. Tried swapping ethernet cables and no change at all. When I move the belt on the top left manually the encoder responds with orange LED. Test shows everything is connected and no warnings or errors. The retract isn’t working and now even the extend all isn’t working. I click the extend all and try to pull out the belt with the swiggling motion and they’re all locked up and don’t move.

There is a blinking red LED on top. I tried removing heatsinks (Someone suggested this in some other related issue) then added them back on. Removed the heatsink for the top left only then added back in. Nothing seems to fix this issue. At this point I have re-started the machine probably 50 plus times and nothing. The motors do not even try to retract now.

Someone please share any known fixes.

Sound like a board failure, since you have tried other motors with the same result. Wait for @bar today he’ll have a solution or a way to get a better board if that is the evil.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I tried my hand at getting it to work again about an hour ago and it just did. Only issue was top left motor was not releasing the belt when extending. I later found out if i extend all other cables first then wait about 15 seconds then that one also extends. So it’s all good now. Printing the dust hose. Calibration went smooth as well.

Good luck!