Replacement Parts

The wiki list of DIY part sources lists it here:

Idler Sprocket 6663K11 McMaster

McMaster is mighty proud of that sprocket, though. Ouch!

I got two of these after one of my sprockets sproinged off into the distance. Of course the swamp rats returned it into a many times previously searched location the day after the new ones arrived

A much nicer price…

Was it you who told me about them?

I don’t think so, but it is a good find.

Cheers! This is exactly what I needed.

It was I that directed you to those. :grin:

1 Like

And I appreciate it, even if the swamp rats returned the original as soon as the replacements arrived. Maybe I’ll be able to use them in the plasma cutter version or help out a nearby Maslowvian neighbor

I ended up ordering 4 of them and will be using 2 for the lower chain tensioner bungee system and one placed slightly below and just inside the motor sprocket to keep the chain wrapped around the motor sprocket completely. Kind of like people are doing with bolts.
Speaking of anyone know if that will alter my motor dimensions? As in since it becomes the actual pivot point for the chains…

Please feel free to add alternate suppliers to the wiki BOM items that you might find. Just be sure to note any differences from the original part.

I’m waiting till i actually get the thing running to reveal all my secret sourcing locations. Then I plan on making my list available…
I get lost in Github. I’m figuring it out I guess, but I know a large portion of the population just will never get it. So I was also planning on making a rich text file available in a post here. I completely get how GitHub helps the development, but I think as this goes mainstream more a package/thread/zip with directly clickable and downloadable links should be available. I’ve tried to turn a couple people onto the Maslow and they just gave up all interest when they got to GitHub. I see how it’s extremely overwhelming to those not in the loop.

right on. For sure wait until you have some solid conclusions together. but I took the opportunity to make a Wiki HowTo topic…

http://maslowcnc.trydiscourse.com/t/howto-contributing-to-the-maslowcnc-wiki-please-pin/578

cheers,

1 Like

don’t put an idler between the motor and the sled (it would cause major errors
in the math), put one on the slack side of the motor if you think the simple
nylon bushing isn’t good enough.

If you give them a link to the wiki, how is it any different than any other
wiki?

How if it’s just sitting where the green circle is and one where that bolt is. They only keep the chain wrapped around the drive sprocket.

I don’t understand your question.

you eon’t want to try and restrain the chain where the green dot is, you need it to be able to swing from ~10 degrees to ~80 degrees where the sled is. The only place you could sanely put an idler is on the bottom side of this, replacing the screw/bushing that is keeping the chain wrapped around the sprocket.

An idler sprocket where the green dot is in theory should only provide tension to ensure that the chain never jumps on the drive sprocket.The chains would still retain all the movement necessary, since all of it would be below the idler sprocket. My reasoning for this is there’s constantly talk of jumping links and chain falling off. This would just about completely eliminate that.

the amount of wrap around the motor sprocket depends on the angle that the chain
is at. If you put an idler there, it would change to depend on the angle that
the chain is at on the idler sprocket.

This would not solve the chain falling off problem, because it would now be
falling off the idler and causing grief there.

adding the screw/bushing helps a lot, and having the motors the correct distance
out (so that there isn’t a lot of front-to-back angle on the chains should
address the rest of the issues.

When I was calibrating my M2 I had an issue and the sled went off one side and kept going. Long story short I need to get a motor mount as one of mine bent. I didn’t see where the individual components were available can you tell me how to order one?

@MakerMadeCNC do you guys have any advice?

I would recommend emailing them directly. I bet they can help you out.