Somewhere else to source the parts?

Well, I did not say there is a shopping list. You need to get that list together.

Understandable. A complete kit could save some time though. Hope someone near you puts a kit up for sale.

That’s a game killer unless you download the design files for the motor shield from GitHub and have the shield made in some PCB house. You would also need to crimp the motor cables yourself.

The BOM.txt from /Mechanics on GitHub

Frame BOM:
8 x Cup Hooks
6 x 1.5mm Pullies
2 x S-hooks
2 x Idler Sprockets
2 x Drive Sprockets
2 x Motor/Gearbox/Encoder (291:1 reduction gearbox with worm gear to prevent back driving motor, 30kg/cm torque, 20 rpm, 12 volts)
2 x Motor Mounts
4 x Cotter Pins
25 x Wood Screws
3M x Stretchy Tensioning Cord
2 x 11’ #25 Roller Chain

I took out the
2 x 2.5"x3" U-Bolts
2 x Chain Brackets
2 x Chain Bracket Bolts

as the U-Bolts are obsolete and the rest not required for a triangular system.

I suggest to buy 1 x motor shield, 2 x motors, 2 x chains, 1 x z-axis kit, from the store as long as they are still available. The motors come with the cable :wink:
(optional, router bits)

Since the ring is sold out, your 3 options are:

• Grab the design files and have one made
  • Use the link on the store to purchase the Maslow Triangulation Linkage Kit
  • Contact dlang if he is still selling the Top Mount Kit

The Arduino Mega 2560 you can source anywhere and a clone will do.
For power supply 12V / min 5A (I recommend more) with a plug that fits a Power Jack CP-202BH-ND
Sprockets, Motor mounts etc. DIY Kit Mechanical Equivalent Parts · MaslowCNC/Mechanics Wiki · GitHub

Am I missing something? I don’t know. All information here is gathered from the 2 links I provided further up and comes without warranty.

Links with similar subject in the forum:

4 Likes