Maslow Home Maslow Community Garden

Ridgid and 220v

Hello
I finally received my Maslow and yesterday I finished building the frame. The thing is that in my country we use 220v, I know the Maslow power supply will work but what about the Ridgid router? Has anyone tried? The sticker on the router only states 110v but I know they rebranded the router for europe with 220v under another name. If I have to use a transformer how much wattage should the transformer be?
thanks

I do not think you should use this router if you are not in North America. Aside from the voltage being double elsewhere, you probably have 50 hz cycle instead of 60 hz, which will do weird things to the electronics of the router. I think that for non North American users, there is a recommendation of using a Bosch POF 1200 router.

yes just get the 220v European version

I already have the Ridgid one, would it work with just the plug adapter? I dont know how to test for 220v compatibility without damaging the router.

No, it will not work on 220v, it has an electronic speed controller.

there is a small sticker under neath the power cord, it will say what voltage it is to be used for. mine says 120v 60hz, yours should say 220v 50hz.

no you can’t just swap the plugs, all the magic smoke will come out.

Contrary to common sense, the ridgid router indeed works with 220v/50hz. I don’t know why they wouldn’t state that but I have mine working. They even sell the same router here in my country rebranded as Ubermann.

that is surprising. they are all probabaly made in china so rebranding tools is fairly common.

Sorry for asking this, but there are a lot of controversial opinions and zero facts on this topic.
So, is it a Ridgid that worked on 220v or a Ridgid clone (Ubermann, AEG, etc.)?
I think it is about time to demystify the “Ridgid on 220v” myth once and for all

The Ridgid router works with both 110v 60hz and 220v 50hz. I have my Maslow working with 220v 50hz here in Chile. I purchased the router in the US.