Maslow Home Maslow Community Garden

Rose Window from Norte Dame cathedral

I made this in four pieces of luan plywood. Painted and gels added. My picture from a distance on stage. About 4.5 hrs of routing time.

Project of the Week / Community Gardener for November 21, 2018

Thats awesome. im about an hour and a half from Notre Dame College

That’s really cool. Do you have any other photos of your process or the installation?

That is a great job. Can I ask what your bit was. Was it 1/8" or 1/4" and what was your other settings. I unfortunately still get burning wood 'cause I haven’t found the right settings for 1/8" yet.
As for a 1/4" bit I get good cute, but only for about 20 linear feet of cut, the then top surface of my ply starts chipping (dull bit?).
My learning process continues.

Again, great work.

I used 5mm (0.200”) thick plywood from Lowes or Home Depot. It is sometimes called underlayment. I have a 2 flute solid carbide compression bit from amazon ( Yonico 33210-SC Yonico 33210-SC CNC Router Bit 2 Flute Compression Cut 1/4" X 1" X 1/4" X 2-1/2" 1/2" Shank, ,) I have been using this bit for quite a while, probably over 3000 linear feet. I have my router set to 10,000 RPM (the lowest setting) I cut at 30 ipm. I cut these pieces out in one pass. I have noticed a little more sanding is needed lately. The bit wasn’t cheap but as another member of the forum said, “What is your time worth?”

Unfortunately I don’t take a lot of photos, even though it so easy with a smartphone! I have this other one taken with one of the performers.image

Allan