ScrumdyBum's Random Projects

Dam that’s a shame! looks pretty good too. Still waiting for my maslow to ship, built the frame, 3d printed and designed all the things i could think of so far, and did the temporary sled. Reminds me I had idea for cutting the hole, need to do a post about that. I put a nail/screw in the center of where i wanted the board, protruding up, then put the router over it so the inner edge of the guide was against it, and run it around in a circle keeping the guard against the nail. Does a perfect circle the exact right size for the router. Well to be precise, does it 1/2 the width of the nail bigger on all sides.

Going back to my lightbox idea, what about using thin 1/4? plywood, lot quicker cut, go all the way through. Then use coloured plexi or even just coloured thinker film the right colours. Thinking blue for the maze, yellow for the dots, etc… The bits in the middle of the maze that would be cut out you could glue back in place after the plexi / plastic is stuck on the back. Even do different colours for Pac Man ghosts etc… depending on price of course.

Then you could use simple white leds / cheap tube light in a box to light the whole thing up from behind

1 Like

How big is that cut? And what did you use to get the Gcode?

Around 2.5 x 2.5 feet. Google images>Inkscape>makercam

Thank’s for the inspiration. Now I know what to make to decorate my kids playroom (they are into retro games). Could you post your svg and/or gcode for it?

1 Like

Yes, I changed it up a little so I could try again. I’ll post it soon.

I’m trying to work some things out to make the cut take less time.

2 Likes

Take a look at that thread if you haven’t already found the program. It has problems with bit changes though… if you are just using a single bit, it seems to work well.

1 Like

You might be able to get away with a few clearing passes with a 3/8" or even 1/2" bit. (Probably what you are trying).

1 Like

would love to get the file for this (vw logo) and make one for my son (he loves his convertable cabriolet)

1 Like

Yep, .5 then cleanup with .125 and .25

I’ve used it a few times but didn’t care for the turnout all that much. I’ve exported each bit separately to run the optimization on and then compiled them back together and it worked alright with the bit changes.

VW operations.zip (3.3 KB)vw.nc (34.7 KB)

1 Like

I haven’t cut the new version but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. There might be a few spots that need chiseled out but that’s easy enough.

Edit: Also, the first board was a depth of .1875 but this one is at .1 . I might update the gcode in the middle of the cut if I don’t like the depth after a few lines.
Note: No tabs.

Bits used: 1/2, 1/8, 1/4.
PacManBoard7.zip (24.1 KB)
gameboard.nc (509.0 KB)

Bits Used: 3/4 1/8 1/4
gameboard7.75vert.zip (24.6 KB)
gameboard.75vert.nc (354.2 KB)

Hopefully this will stop the Z from popping out. Definitely removed the slop!

5 Likes

Nice I just finished those mods myself too lol. Projects are looking good keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Passed Project Pictures

7 Likes

Do you have a part source for that metal bushing? I’ve used an epoxied plastic bushing, which works well but that looks much better. Is it epoxied in place or did you figure out another method?

thanks,

It’s all in that thread… I’ll be doing it myself soon… I hope… Would be nice if there was a way to import a post (or a series of posts or a thread) into a Community Garden element.

1 Like

@madgrizzle I’ve already attempted to make a Community Garden entry, but I’m afraid I’m a bit lost on the steps required / how to do so.

Haven’t tried again since a month ago, though.

2 Likes

I’ve cleaned up the project making process a lot in the last month, give it another go and let me know where it becomes confusing!

1 Like

I just used super glue gel. Seems to be holding well.

Thanks Bar! Is there a size limitation?

Below “A GitHub repository, a forums thread, and a page in the Community Garden are being generated for your project!”

I get:
“4 bytes written to fileSorry, there was an error uploading your image file.uploads/mainpicture.jpgThere was an error uploading your zip file.uploads/userUpload.zip”

and under the 3 green buttons I see:
“Log from the python script which creates the github repo:
unzip: cannot find or open /var/www/html/uploads/userUpload.zip, /var/www/html/uploads/userUpload.zip.zip or /var/www/html/uploads/userUpload.zip.ZIP. rm: cannot remove ‘/var/www/html/uploads/userUpload.zip’: No such file or directory Oh darn, something went wrong in the python code… 422 {u’documentation_url’: u’https://developer.github.com/v3/repos/#create’, u’message’: u’Repository creation failed.’, u’errors’: [{u’field’: u’name’, u’code’: u’missing_field’, u’resource’: u’Repository’}, {u’field’: u’name’, u’message’: u’name is too short (minimum is 1 character)’, u’code’: u’custom’, u’resource’: u’Repository’}]} /var/www/html/createRepo.sh: line 12: cd: /var/www/html/uploads/tmp: No such file or directory deleting usrinput.txt”

Github username is geeklimit, .zip file is 32.2MB (12 pictures) and the main picture I chose was 2.88MB, a 4032 x 2268 .jpg