Shipment live update!

Great news. :smiley:

Looking forward to working with it.

Stop posting on the forum and get packing! :stuck_out_tongue: j/k Keep up the great work though, seems its been a long couple weeks for you guys. If I wasnā€™t so far away I would love to come help!

On a separate note anyone from Canada got a kit lately? Curious if anyone knows what I should expect for clearance fees / duties etcā€¦ in Canada.

2 Likes

we could put all the info we have on that in a table, so people have a better idea what theyā€™re in for. I scared myself a little hat (as the Dutch say) when the custom bill came in.

This is about like Christmas when I was a kid 60 or so years ago, just waiting for Santa Clause. I will be like that kid opening that package under the tree. Lol :star_struck:

3 Likes

I got mail!

Your order from Maslow has shipped.

Youā€™re right, Christmas came early!

1 Like

Mine too! Woohoo!
Brenden, if youā€™re anywhere near Ontario, Iā€™ll gladly bring yours to you! Iā€™m in Buffalo. :blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

Hoping to see mine ship soon! Love watching the progress.
On another note, Bar and Hannah, if you guys find yourselves in Southwestern Colorado during your break, let me know. You have a free place to stay here.

2 Likes

I apologise for asking thisā€¦ can you give an estimate as to when you think the rings will ship for those that ordered them? I just built my new frame and my sled is terribly tilted with the current height of my wooden linkage kit so Iā€™m contemplating just waiting to rebuild the sled with the ring kitā€¦

Yes, not at all! Sorry for the delay!

Weā€™re waiting on the hardware for them from Fastenal and they say they can have it to us by Wednesday which would mean they will ship Thursday. Fastenal is usually pretty good about hitting their deadlines so Thursday is probably accurate.

Mine arrived early by 1 day. Pretty stoked. Unfortunately we leave for camping this weekend so I canā€™t touch it until we return. Itā€™s so hard to not even peek in the box. Iā€™ll likely spend all of my camping vacation time planning the things weā€™ll build with it. :):grin:

2 Likes

Ok, I couldnā€™t wait. I had to AT LEAST peek in the box! Man thereā€™s some SERIOUS hardware in here! This thing is no joke. I am ridiculously excited now like a kid at Christmas who just opened his last, most awesome present, but now itā€™s time to go have dinner with the extended family members so I canā€™t spend time playing with it!! Almost want to cancel camping and stay home. :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

2 Likes

Mine arrived today. Now just have to find a place to set it up, build the frame, and henceforth turn my wife into a Maslow widowā€¦

Just kidding hunā€¦:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Go camping! Your Maslow will be there for you when you get back, but thereā€™s always a chance someone among your family/friends might not.

2 Likes

@Stephen_Slagle Your best bet is to start with a project for your wife. Sheā€™s more likely to forgive a little too much time spent on the Maslow if sheā€™s getting something out of the deal.

4 Likes

happy wife happy life :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I canā€™t agree with the 2 posts above this enough.
Make something for the wife and/or kids as soon as possible :wink:

@jwolter How do Americans go camping? When we do it, you arenā€™t more likely to die then at any other time. Thereā€™s a bigger chance that someone among my family/friends comes by and hides my Maslow :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey @Dag83 !

Come on over and Iā€™ll show you some camping! And there is pretty much no risk to life or limb. Aside from millions who tent camp all over the country, just last year 504,599 recreational vehicles were sold in the USā€¦ this includes trailers, pop-ups, and motorized campers. Every one of the 50 states has a large array of parks with camping, not to mention close to 200 National parks, and thousands of private campgrounds. My wife and I retired a little over 2 years ago, and we have covered 35,000 miles over about 12 of the last 24 months. The sheer scale of the country makes for a lot of drivingā€¦ we mostly travel late Fall to mid Spring, with the goal to avoid winter by going South and Westā€¦

Sadly (happily for my wife) there is no room for the Maslow!

I apologize for the highjackā€¦ Despite all the weird news, things are pretty OK over here in the US.

4 Likes

Haha, I wasnā€™t implying that camping (or any other activity for that matter) is particularly dangerous. Just saying that life is lived in the moments with friends and family.

My mom set up a family reunion tour of Scotland quite a few years ago. 18 of us including my parents, kids, wife and me got to make all sorts of wonderful memories. Within eight months, it would turn out, both of my parents died (not related to the trip). I still am so very thankful that we got that trip in before they were gone.

3 Likes

LMAO for the last week I have been reading your name as ā€œAmy Turtleā€ and wasnt until this post i re-read it and figured out your not a female! Sorry :slight_smile:

Mine has not arrived yet, but itā€™s in Canada, how about a race see who gets their final sled cut first :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Do i see trailer towball in the back of the camper suitable for towing portable workshop with MaslowCNC inside? :slight_smile:

2 Likes