I just got the unit setup and am having trouble configuring it. When the sled is at the center of the board, it is level. But when I move it to the upper left-hand corner (x=-700, y=400) the sled rotates clockwise (so the bubble on my level is on the left-hand side). When the sled goes back home, the sled rotates counter-clockwise (so the bubble on the level is now on the right-hand side).
I did the following to find the center of gravity:
- Put a piece of PVC pipe under the sled
- Moved the sled back and forth until the sled was balanced
- Marked a line where the center of the PVC pipe is
- Marked a line where the center of the router bit is
- Measured the distance between the lines