Slow cutting easel > makerverse

Was very happy to get my first cnc up and cutting. maslow m2.
I am starting off using easel, which has been ok for its simplistic nature. I did pay for a month of pro to get access to more options.
I have a very simple design in a 4"x4" square, and in easel it says 10 minutes to cut. when I send it to the machine using makerverse, it now says 3+ hours, and goes over the same lines 10x.

using dewalt DW618 on speed 6 (18k rpm), 1/8" 60 deg V bit, in easel set the the feed speed to 4,000 mm/min (157.5 " / min ) depth .7mm per pass (.028")

the maslow struggles to do 400mm/min, 4000 is a crazy estimate, so your estimate
is going to be off by 10x or so from just that.

0.7mm per pass is going to be a lot of passes

Also, if you are trying to do super detailed work (lots of tiny line segments),
it’s really easy to end up making movements that are too small to notice, but it
takes time to process each movement. Are your corners square? or do they have a
small radius at the corners? if there is a small radius, that could take dozens
to hundreds of movement commands to round the corner.

David Lang

2 Likes

I changed it to 400, bumped up the time to 30 minutes. I added the border for the picture, but in easel I have to cut it separately with a bit change.

Hey @Simsghost nice to see another user in Alberta. I’m NE of Calgary.

I’ve had my M2 for about 8 months now, and I have made some cool stuff with it. It’s a great machine and I do quite like it, but it is definitely slow. It’s very capable, and I have done some really detailed work with it on a larger scale, but it takes a lot of time. Don’t bother running it at 6 on a DeWalt router, you will burn out the brushes in weeks to a few months. In fact, order some new brushes right now, because you will need them. lol.

I also have a small 4040 gantry machine for smaller pieces like that sign you are making that I find is a lot quicker, and easier to set up the workpieces.