Thanks for the suggestions. After messing around with it more, I have found a way to get the tabs added in makercam consistently, at least with the svg files I’m working with.
So spacing wasn’t the issue. I tried setting the tabs at different distances, different heights, and different widths, still not being seeing them added on the cut path. I went back to each tool path and messed around with those values and found that if I changed the target depth from -1 to -1.00, then I was able to add the tabs in. I don’t know if that was the fix or if that made the difference. I also work on different computers with different operating systems, so going back and forth might be causing issues.
the take away is that if makercam is not adding tabs, it isn’t that the function is broken or anything. It’s not adding tabs because for whatever values I have been putting in, the calculations don’t add up somehow. Just gotta play around with it, as frustrating as it can be. Oh and your suggestion of selecting one toolpath at a time to add tabs helped. I haven’t figured out how to add tabs to multiple toolpaths. Thanks!