Talk about being stuck.. and a little embarrassed

14’ long chains work fine for a 12’ bar. 15’ is longer than needed.

It’s makermade who sell the 15’ chains. Which lets you have the top bar higher (or set the plywood sheet a bit lower), and that help to reduce the ‘not good zone’ in the top middle of the sheet.
But they charge more …

15’ long chains let one do about a 14’ top bar
14’ long chains let one do about a 13’ top bar
13’ long is sufficient to do a 12’ top bar.

I have arduino installed and am downloading the firmware from the link… is there a page or link on how to update the firmaware? or is that on the PDF for the frame build?

you are better off just using webcontrol on a pc. Groundcontrol hasnt’ been updated in about 2 years and while it still works probabaly wont’ be further developed.
many videos on it

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=webcontrol+maslow

2 Likes

the manual has some details and like metal says, you can flash the firmware from webcontrol.

2 Likes

Good News. Looks like the lights come on the board. with the USB only plugged in… there is one on the top Maslow board and 2 underneath a green and amber light.

Ohh no. raspberry pie now required? Ok So many questions… Webcontrol is the software now used to add files to your CNC? I need to flash my maslow control board to get it to work with Webcontrol? Or is that just a software download link.
Do I need to add firmware from the link above to have my board work with it? also I now need a raspberry pi to work with it or that was just a cool option? Im guessing I still need to have a computer next to my router for it to work properly correct? sorry for all the questions and the delayed asking… I couldnt do more than 6 replies because of my acct being such a newbie.

Metalmaslow

This “Linkage Arms 7 in long with 1.5 and 3” spacers" will these work with a generic wooden sled? Do I need to get the special Router mount for these to function?

Hey Orob, I think Im missing something. the link or firmware takes me to a webcontrol download… is that the firmware your’e referring too? I asked this in another post just now… but do I need to update the firmware with webcontrol on my maslow board for it to work with that software?

if you want to use holey calibration then yes you need to update the firm ware
webcontrol can be run on a pc, you do not need a raspberry pi
the 7" linkage arms can work on a wooden sled.
you do not need a special clamp, but a dedicated z axis with clamp is much better than the hacking the z axis on the ridgid router.

what metal said ^^ you can run webcontrol on linux or windows. if you want to do the higher precision calibration, you can flash the firmware from within the program, so that program should be all you need for now.