Tension issues at the start and end of vertical calibration

I upgraded to v0.68 before I started anything. Or at least I think I did, I definitely observed the “console would stop displaying new messages after the calibration process ran” bug introduced in v0.68 and fixed by v0.69.

You are right about 0 starting in the middle I thought mentioning it would make my diagram more confusing. I traced the sled’s location every time it stopped to make a more accurate diagram of what was actually happening.

I ran a bunch more tests on a 4x4 grid today and confirmed the behavior at way point 3. I had troublesome but inconsistent behavior in the transition from waypoint 1 to 2 as well as 3 to 4. In these cases during the sled movement sometimes the bottom right cable is too tight and causes the sled to jump en-route.

I am consistently getting an issue from waypoint 2 to waypoint 3 that results in the bottom right cable always being too tight and the top right cable being slack during measurement.

In general the bottom left corner measurements are always causing issues with the lack of slack in the bottom right cable. I am no longer observing any issues measuring the other waypoints.

I suspected the lack of slack might have to do with a poor initial guess for the frame size. I’ve tested both larger and smaller dimensions and the result is the same.

1 Like