I have seen this error before too. There is a black button on the control board (you will probably need to take of the cover with the fan to see it). Holding down that button will put the board in “boot mode” which will make it easier to program. To get it to work the order has to be hold down the button and THEN plug in the power (while keeping the button held down)
That worked for my part also when I connected the board to my PC at home. Thank you David!
What kind of glitches do you experience? Just in the WebGUI? Or anything that supports going back to 0.88 for calibrating and use?
And thanks to @bar and @md8n for the great work! Knowing about the button for download mode makes me feel safer testing neew releases.
I’m getting a pop-up reading No connection at startup, but I am able to do other things (e.g. reset the Alarm state, open Setup, jos Z axis; I don’t currently have access to my frame, so I’ve just done some bench work)
I like to set some Preferences (from the “hamburger” menu in the upper right corner of all screens)—e.g. turn off Connection monitoring, turn on Show probe panel and change probe settings—but even after clicking Save, all those preferences revert the next time the web page refreshes.
I haven’t dug any deeper, yet; I’m in the middle of a design project that has a deadline, and until I can access my frame I can’t run calibration or any cuts.
If you’re seeing this then try a different USB port on your computer. It’s more a matter of resetting the USB than anything, but the easiest way to do that is to swap ports.
For those playing along at home http.js as undergone some massive changes to clean it up, and to alleviate some very naive assumptions that were made in the code. What I did is still somewhat naive, but at least it’s a bit better, it’s definitely more robust.
So now, when the front end wants to send something to the backend (M4) it adds what it wants to a queue. And then that queue is managed separately, with a better lifecycle for each message being sent.
The queue processing is throttled with a 10ms delay, but really this is about ensuring that the queue of messages (going to the M4) is treated asynchronously.
I have managed to calibrate with version 1.0 and the updated index.html.gz, but I have not installed the version that includes the fix for the ‘no connection’ alert.
I can’t find any other forum posts for version 1.0. Should we keep posting our findings in this thread, or make another thread for each issue we find?
Just in case it was not fixed in combination with the previous fix. Downloading files via the “Manage Local Files” does not work as intended in Chrome and Edge browsers(only ones tested) on 1.0 firmware and 1.0 index.html.gz. Files are being downloaded as “undefined.htm”.
Uploading 0.88 fixes the issue, but I was not awake enough to check if it was the 0.88 firmware or indexfile that made the difference.
" I just tested it and it seems to work for me, but I’ll believe it when it works for someone else!"
I just tried uploading from the menus from V1.0 to V1.01. Index.html.gz loads, but the firmware.bin is ignored.
Following extract from Test:
Test
Index.html Version: 1.01
[MSG:INFO: Firmware Version: 1.0]
[MSG:INFO: I2C Timeout: ]
[MSG:INFO: 10]
As I still found myself cursed with the “Fatal Error. No serial data received” message, I figured I’d do a fresh install.
I put my board in “boot mode” with the button held in while powering on.
I then successfully ran the installation with the files from release 1.01.
Connected with no problems, and did not get any error messages.
Ran a successful calibration with fitness around 0.56. Can’t remember exactly since I forgot to bring my notes back with me…
Regardless, I will list what I remember.
Findings so far:
Unsure if this is a bug, but on the FluidNC tab, I got “Error 406 Wrong data” (I think that was the number and message).*
When pressing the “restart FluidNC” button, it hangs indefinitely until refresh of browser window. Manually refreshing the browser fixes the hang.*
After refresh and restart of FluidNC:
“FW version” reported on FluidNC tab status is FluidNC V3 (nogit). “Firmware Version/build” when marking the “Flash Config” radio button, is blank (Not sure if it always has been)
Changes made via preferences on the Maslow tab are not saved to the grbl tab, and does not survive reload/refresh or power cycle.*
The command window in the grbl tab clutters up as they are not written to a new line. Missing line break?*
Downloaded files from FluidNC tab are still being downloaded as “undefined.htm”*
I then uploaded the 0.88 version of index.html.gz, but kept the firmware.
The above issues marked with * was resolved after this.
When I loaded the changes from V1.0, I did it from windows without pressing the button, which seemed to work OK, but I could not see the lownloaded .nc files until I loaded another file and they did not persist after a restart. I have just repeated the Install firmware (to V1.01) following your new video and I can now see the files after the restart. It still displays firmware V1.0 however (on the Test output)..