Trying to setup bottom feed

I downloaded and installed both 1.07 firmware and GC. Went through the process of calibration of my new frame dimensions then went with bottom and triangular selections and a message popped up showing this is not supported yet, check back. So here I am, in settings Im set on bottom feed, my machine dimensions are set and when I try to (bottom) feed the chain now in auto calibrate GC crashes. When I restart this is what Im getting

Help would be appreciated :+1:t3: :grin:

2 Likes

It looks like the firmware is v1.06 instead of v1.07. There was a change in v1.07 related to changing chain feed directions, I don’t know whether that is related to what happened. Are you able to do the chain calibration now?

Edit - that’s v1.08, not v1.06(small screen, old eyes…) belay the above. “Never mind…”

1.07 from the releases reports as FW 1.08/GC 1.08
Edit: At least in the linux version

1 Like

You’re right. I wonder whether @bar can fix/change that? The version number is in cnc_ctrl_v1/Maslow.h if you want to correct it locally…

1 Like

It crashes when I click autocalibrate now

Do you think the mismatch is causing the crash

Try it. How did you get different versions?

I kind of like the time machine beeing 1 version ahead

1 Like

@Gero your guess is as good as mine :grin: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Darn, it looks like you are right that downloading release 1.07 is giving me version 1.08. I will fix that.

Unfortunately, right now 1.07 and 1.08 are identical because we haven’t made any changes since Wednesday so I don’t think the version mismatch is causing the crash.

Can you tell me any more about what you are seeing?

3 Likes

@bar I will go through the steps(w pics) in bit when I get home and send.

3 Likes

I’ve fixed the 1.07 download so that the version numbers will match, but I wouldn’t expect that to cause the crash

1 Like

A simplified quick setup picture for ‘bottom feed’ would enable me to try to replicate.
4 hooks and the standard 4 bearing are enough?
Pre edit: Sorry for not searching, asking gives faster results sometimes.

1 Like

The setup shown here is the basic version:

It isn’t yet supported by the automatic calibration process, and hasn’t been tested fully. On of my main goals for this week is to focus on getting the issues with that idea worked out. It has a lot of advantages for simplicity of build, and I think should eliminate chain skipping issues, but testing is needed.

3 Likes

Will not try it then. I will focus the ‘slightly devastating report’ calibrating 1.03 and 1.07(8)

1 Like

So Im assuming this is the reason GC is Crashing.

Got to the point in full calibration where the pop-up showed after bottom feed/triangular selections were submitted. At that point it started me back at the initial calibration. So thought maybe the autocalibrate would get my chains out to length, but the crash is occurring in autocalibrate. Somewhat stuck

1 Like

I’m seeing the same issue…this is totally something I introduced this week :frowning_face: darn.

I’m on it!

5 Likes

Adding arms at the bottom of new frame and chain skip guides and heading back to 1.03. Its my safe zone for now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

N hey @bar its the beautiful evolution of the Maslow!!

:roll_eyes: Yea, but it would be nice if we broke things less often. I’ve pushing to get a lot done before the next batch goes out and it’s hurting stability. Once these are out the door that’s going to be the main focus.

So I’ve got it fixed for 1.08 but I’m a little hesitant to have that basic of a functionality broken for a week and a half until the next release…should we do a version before then?

2 Likes