This is my first foray in to the Maslow Community with a post about my efforts to convert a panel saw to a Maslow.
I picked up the panel saw at an auction at the old Kearney Pattern Works-Foundry in San Jose for $50.
I got a bug and decided to order the Maslow PCBs from OSHPark and the parts (now available) but then came across a posting here for a complete kit (thanks MHM!).
I then used steel I collected from the closing OSH stores a few months back to build two “arms” to hold the motors and mount points for the chain and cord.
I visited the Maslow at Noisebridge a couple of time for guidance. Since I was working off script I needed to see what the various offsets were which I couldn’t easily tell from what I found online.
I realized that the center anchor points for the cord will need to be extended out and I’ll use another piece of angle iron for this so I can add the pulleys and a guide over them.
Sooooo. I took my best shot at it and the pictures are below. I’ll hopefully have the electrical done next week so I can cut the final-sled.
There’s is still a lot more to do but I hope to post more next week
Thank for all the inspiration!