Update on Z-axis & Bosch MRF01 Router Fixed Base compatibility

Thanks for that Walter.

It will be interesting to see ff the GKF base is different or not as it supports the afterlock feature which is apparently new.

Kind Regards Stuart

I’m curious about something as I was just browsing routers at menards other day. I plan to just get the Rigid since that’s the one most have used.

However , the routers I looked at seem to to me when you unlock the z , the router has so much slop in the unlocked state. Is the rigid router just a better fit when z is unlocked, or are you guys clamping down the clamp a tad to keep the router from tilting in its sleeve?

you don’t unlock the Z to allow it to move, you loosen the nut under the lock so
that in the locked position it can still move, but it a good, close fit.

2 Likes

Good idea to lubricate it, too. The Ridgid is aluminum against magnesium and prone to corrosion. Use something dry like wax, you should be able to find some good suggestions searching the forum

2 Likes

Where do you input this -1.5? I’m working with a Bosch router that other than that works fine.

I’m pretty sure that @walter was referring to the ‘Z-Axis Pitch’ setting on the settings page of GroundControl. Give that a try and let me know how it works.

1 Like

I found it right after I sent the message.

4 Likes