Video Tutorials on Maslow CNC

David,

I haven’t run a calibration for a while did something change? When I did it, you ran cuts and measured the distance between the cuts. If all cuts / makings are at identical offsets then the relative distances between them would be the same.

If we are now making a cut and giving information on a fixed distance from a point like the motor then the offset would be an issue. I’m going to build my version of the final frame today. However it will be sans the brackets we are waiting to hear back on. I need another Maslow kit - lol ( just don’t have cash for that right now )

I still am going to move forward on my temp frame and complete the original build.

FWW - I bought parts for my build yesterday - it will total ~$80 us. I’m considering a Hexagon sled. When I bought parts for the original final frame build it ran $130 ish in lumber alone and I’d say a total of $150 -$170 all together once I added a second sheet to cut the finial pats out and fasteners and odds and ends.

Thank you

That is great feedback! I must have understood the instructions wrong, I’ll make a note of this edit on the video tho! Thanks!
And the trick is just not be a perfectionist with the videos - I normally start and stop my camera recording so that’s I only get a snippet of each action, to make it easier on the editing end. I appreciate the feedback !

4 Likes

We see the question pretty regularly, so you’re not the only one! :wink:

…right, now I just need to not be a perfectionist…

MeticulousMaynard.exe has crashed and needs to restart :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the tip! I’ll have to try to take less video next time.

2 Likes

the calibration for quadralateral kinematics hasn’t changed, but the calibration for triangular kinematics has changed drastically.

with quadralateral calibration, the strategy is to measure the machine, enter the dimensions, and then do test cuts, altering one dimension to try and introduce enough error to cancel out the many other errors.

it works, sort-of, most-of-the-time, for-part-of-the-workspace.

I would really like to work with someone to create a video tutorial on how to take an inaccurate maslow (original frame, quadralateral kinematics) and self-build the parts to upgrade it (new sled, cut their own linkage kit, beam across the top). I know what needs to be done, but am not setup to even attempt to do the videos.

2 Likes

More later - incredibly busy day.

Thank you

1 Like

I’m dying for the next video. Keep up the good work george.

3 Likes

Damn made me look I thought it was a new video but just u waiting for the new update like me

1 Like

I know the new designs are out, but decided to make a tutorial on building the original frame - Hoping to make videos on comparison of the original to the alternate designs!
Check it out here:

4 Likes

Yes - I’m doing this on the Analog side. I want to finish my original build as the lumber is already cut.

Thank you

Latest video is out! I wanted to do a quick video on the tolerances for the original Maslow CNC design, so that I have a baseline to compare for the upgraded designs. Check it out here!

7 Likes

Great job George. I love the video and the testing.

1 Like

All,

Check out my latest video in-depth review of @dlang top mount kit. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get it set perfectly and my cuts were off, but there are definitely some benefits to the design! Looking forward to any feedback!

4 Likes

New video on assembling the ring kit for the Maslow!! Coming up next will be a tolerance test of this ring kit and a video on a sweet mod for the Maslow!

11 Likes

I know it’a been a while but new video is out now! This is a quick on reviewing the tolerance of the maslow CNC using the new ring design! Check it out:

7 Likes

Back at it with the latest Maker Made CNC design! Starting with an unboxing:

3 Likes

what happened to your old maslow cnc?

Still have it - but it’s with the older design and old frame.

1 Like

Quick and easy video on setting up electronics for the new Maslow design. Following video steps to follow:

2 Likes

Nice. I remember getting excited watching your first video around the time I was first setting up my maslow. Was watching a lot of wood working you tubes back then. Anyway,just dismantled my old style frame last month after about a year of dormancy. Hope the best

1 Like

Latest video out! Making some halloween decorations with the new M2!

2 Likes