Webcontrol timing out with M2

You’re right… I was just making the distinction between webcontrol (which runs on the computer) and the firmware that runs on the Arduino.

3 of these might be overkill, but could be very effective.

1 Like

Looking at your repo i see it now. it’s forked from Maslowcnc/firmware but hasn’t made it yet to the official release https://github.com/MaslowCNC/Firmware/releases/tag/v1.26
My thought was to make the TLE pinout compatible with that firmware so it can be used by anyone that currently has his Arduino running it (no need to re-flash it)

Is this still something you are pursuing? I’m looking for a board that can push the PWM frequency out of audible range and I don’t think you can get there with a TLE9201 (certainly not the 5206).

1 Like

Yes, i’m currently testing it, unfortunately it is right on the audible frequency.

Anyways, i don’t think you can go much higher on frequency with this motors (if you want to have a linear torque response). DC motors are inductive loads, so it will resist the current when energized, current will take time to reach is maximum and it will determine the minimum frequency period before you start to chopping the current, therefore reducing torque.

This must be taken in account when designing a new shield, specially if you want to have acceleration control?. I did some tests back when I got into making the shields, i tested for a 20% PWM resolution till got down to 90% of max current, and If i remember correctly the frequency had to be considerable low to achieve lineal torque. Will see if i can find my notes.

Gab
EastBaySource

1 Like

Sorry i’ve answered you with the wrong user, please see above.

Gab

1 Like