Webcontrol - Y axis actinvg in reverse

When using the WebControl interface, my Y axis is now moving in reverse. I tell WC to move the sled up 1 inch, the sled moves down 1 inch. WC reported position after move is up 1 inch. Moves left and right are executed correctly.

When I use the WC “Return to Home” option in the Actions menu, the sled moves in the correct direction with respect to current location. For example, if the sled is currently 6 in below machine center, the sled will move in the positive Y direction in order to return to home.

To be clear this is only affecting the Y axis, the X is unaffected.

EDIT: ISSUE RESOLVED, No further action required. Motor cables were incorrectly connected.

1 Like

glad you found it. sometimes this happens with the over/under chain setting, if it isn’t the motor swap.

1 Like

i feel so stupid…

Thsi too shall pass… I joined that club a while back.

What do you mean by incorrectly connected? Do you mean your left was on the right and the right was on the left?

correct. i had my left and right motor cables swapped. The left motor was plugged into the right motor port and the right motor was plugged into the left motor port.

2 Likes

I was wondering if i had my motors on the wrong side of the stand. Everything has been off about this calibration. At the very end my return to center left my sled dang near the top of my spoil board. Now i think i have to wipe and start over

This will happen if you had your cables reversed.

You may not need to wipe the controller, just may need to swap the cables and recalibrate. Wiping the controller will reset all of your settings, which may not be necessary. If your cables are just swapped then all the settigns are correct, its just that the controller is out of phase with the motors.

Not sure which control software you are using but you should have an option to test motors and encoders some where. If you run that and also are able to manualy move the sled around the work surface (with it going in the desired direction) then you should be at a point to re-run your calibration. Key indicator here is if you hit return to center and the sled travels to a point that is somewhere near the center of the work surface.

Don’t forget about this option too. This is the cause of this issue a lot of the time

2 Likes

Yes, thanks for pointing that out. I just assumed that @Heather_Upton had already found the swapped cables. My mistake :frowning:

1 Like