What did you cut today?

HI,

This is the designer and his chair.

File is on the site

3 Likes

Full corner office space: pegboard,boxes, cabinet, desktop,legs, chair and bookshelf… All done with the Maslow.

13 Likes

Headboard!

13 Likes

Amazing work!

1 Like

Seriously amazing work!

How do the shelves stand off from the wall so that the box shelves can clip in?

HI,

The boards are 3/4in from the wall and the boxes all have a 5/8 hook cut into them.
each box can be position anywhere and any size.

4 Likes

are those wooden glasses?

Ah ah ah… Yes

I had broke mine, needed a quick pair! Did not want to go to the store!

8 Likes

Wood you share your design? I need to make a set…

1 Like

Lunette Final.nc (47.6 KB)

Here is the NC file. for 3/8 ply…

glasses.dxf (211.8 KB)

This was designed around the lenses I had from my broken pair, not sure it would fit your lenses…

4 Likes

My latest cut. V 0.2 beta of a (flat pack) surf-rack. Easy to assemble, disassemble and transport:

Rubber protection not installed yet

4 Likes

(maslow) CNC plus 3D Printer is a very powerfull combination. Especially for prototyping. Only i still lack the necessary 3D CAD skills. I am working on it but it takes a long time. Currently i am working with QCAD, Cambam and openscad but sooner or later i need to learn a “real” 3D CAD and it will be Rhino plus Grasshopper. Unluckily only running on the MeSsy-OS…

1 Like

I love how wave like it is!

Nice, slick jointery on that plywood!

1 Like

The opendesk files are not available anymode and the Denis Valovi Chair is not in the github repository. I could only find the slim chair. Does anyone has a copy of the Denis Valovi chair files?

https://www.opendesk.cc/studio-dlux/valovi-chair/download

Today i did cut a “footstand” for a LED lamp i did made nearly one year ago. The foot needs some serious reworking though.

screeny

The lamp had been designed so one can hang it horizaontally and but also place it into a footstand. I still need to work out some modular plug system though.

4 Likes

I hadn’t seen that lamp before and it looks fantastic!

I didnt post it yet. I did cut it about a year ago when i had massive problems with USB loss. Its the most complicated/sketchy cut i did made with the maslow. Its cut from an old sheet of 16mm marine ply and you have to turn the sheet for cutting the round form. The cut needs 3 different bits and some sanding.

I am still trying to figure out how to best fasten the alloy LED strip into the lamp using a 3D printed mechanism but my 3D CAD skills are not yet enough. The foot needs a redesign but the basic idea is working.

2 Likes

Woah. That’s an undertaking!

Its beautiful to look at for sure.

I only partially did this on the Maslow. I just got the MakerMade M2 upgrade, and I’m going to make it again using mostly the Maslow, which I think will come out super clean and nice looking. My most ambitious woodworking project to date. Took me months. I did a lot of stupid things (don’t even ask me about the finish), but also learned a hell of a lot.

13 Likes