What did you cut today?

First project ever. 18”x1” pine round from Lowes. Prestained and then rough cut with 1/8” upcut bit then finished with 60° v-bit. Sealed with semi-gloss polyurethane.

12 Likes

Two machine project. Backing and outer ring made from 1/5” ply with 1/8” downcut. Inner layers cut on a Cricut out of craft paper.

12 Likes

That is splendid!

I haven’t seen those two tools combined like that before. They really compliment each-other. Nicely done!

Finally got around cutting my first 4X8 3/4 inch birch plywood! (in 4 steps)
“That chair” with an orange twist and 3 “Balance Boards”

15 Likes

Do you have a picture of what you mean by attaching bungee cords to the router? I think that may resolve an issue I’m having as well. When the z drive raises the router it loses some contact with the board, leaving uneven cuts. Thanks!

Take your handles off (if not done already) and then put the hooks of the bungee cord into the screw holes with it going over the top of the router. you want it just tight enough that it keeps the router seated down in the base and doesn’t wiggle too much.

2 Likes

Are the balance board designs available? I use a Whirly Board during work (OneWheel after work) and have been wanting to try some of the other balance board designs.

How did the chair turn out with higher grade plywood? I tried it once with some scrap construction grade stuff and it didn’t feel strong enough without a piece connecting the legs front to back.

Latest project was a tree for my brother’s family:

Lessons learned:

• Thinner ply (this was 6mm birch) requires more care/more tabs to prevent edges lifting and catching the sled as it moves.
  • Cutter sharpness has a significant impact on cut accuracy, and straight flute bits dull quickly. I’ll be sticking to spiral cutters from now on.
8 Likes

Hi everyone,
First time engraving with Maslow to make drawers fronts and some tests.
4mm depth, 80° bit, 500mm/min speed, Engraving went very well :slight_smile: But a lot of work had to be done in painting to obtain a neat surface. Maybe some of you have tips to make the finishing process more efficient ?
motifTamGram_vignette
DressingFacade_vignette
Dressing_Facade_Face_vignette

6 Likes

My latest projects, as requested by my children. A princess castle bed, and a “digger” bed. These are the kinds of projects that used to give me jigsaw nightmares :rofl:

Now for the sanding, and painting, and then I’ll be installing led lighting in both.

19 Likes

Awesome work!

2 Likes

Woah those are so cool! Lucky kids :grinning:

2 Likes

Awesome!!! Changing the sheets would kill my back though.

3 Likes

Are the cuts for the balance boards available?

The princess castle is gorgeous! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Some more recent projects:

A few keyboard cases in maple and walnut and a 30” round sign carved in cedar for my mom’s ranch. Photo with me in it for scale.

Maple keyboard case is for an Electrolyte keyboard. Walnut is for the yet to be released Null keyboard and includes inset brass threads for mounting.

8 Likes

Those keyboards are super neat! How did you do the inset brass threads?

Used brass standoffs and bored holes slightly smaller than their outer diameter with a 2mm end mill. Then tapped them in with a hammer

1 Like

5 Likes

That is a very neat chair!
Are the files somewhere available?