What do you want done?

If you have an idea for a project or if you want something created then…post it here. The ideas can be born here and then earn their own thread for production.

1 Like

One of my daughters just leaned on her little lap desk and snapped it in half (they’re like a dollar). They like using them when they are coloring and watching TV. Once I get my Maslow up and running I might make them one out of thinner plywood with maybe an engraved letter for their name or something.

kids-lap-desk-tray-portable-activity-table-green

5 Likes

For a really robust little desk, you could probably design it as vertical slices of that desk (to create the side pockets and such) and then laminate all the slices together. Perhaps more robust than needed, though

2 Likes

Fitting lots of vertical slices onto a sheet can often get pretty wasteful (i.e. it is hard to nest them into eachother) so if you were willing to line the pockets with something after laminating the slices, you could perhaps make every second (or second and third) slice just the top part of the desk, or the top and one side (so that one side has a solid pocket, and the other has a pocket with lamination width gaps i.e. lined, or only for bigger items.

1 Like

or do half lap laminations such that you are cutting L’s rather than U’s.

2 Likes

The image I shared was more to just show what I was talking about. I’d simplify the new design and it wouldn’t have to look just like the ones we have. Google lap desk and there are a lot of different options that can be incorporated and cut on the Malsow.

1 Like

I have a projector in my garage and I can not raise it we’ll in use so I was thinking of making some type of attachment to allow it to go up and down with the garage door

1 Like

After thinking about this I don’t need the Maslow to get it done.i could cut this with a table saw .

But if I use the Maslow I can make it at least 4 pieces all-in-one instead of of 20 pieces 5 each section
Plus 6-8 crossbeams depending on the size and the hinges

Are you trying to have the screen attached to the garage door do they go up together? If so, what kind of garage door do you have?

1 Like

One of the things I want to do is partially reverse-engineer some inexpensive Adirondack style chairs I bought last spring.

They have a known weakness in that the arm rests tend to split over time. My plan is to measure and program arm rests out of 3/4" plywood which are a little wider for holding drinks. There are other weaknesses too, but that’s the obvious one. When these originals are ready for scrap, I’ll make new “frames” completely out of 3/4" plywood and use some nice cedar for the slats. :smiley:

8 Likes

No they don’t connect the projector is on a butterfly frame about 1 1/2 feet away and I have no idea what type of garage door it has 4 panels that curve 90 degree and yes I want the screen to go up with the garage

These sawhorses which collapse for storage and hold tools seem pretty cool:

http://www.shopnotes.com/issues/082/extras/tool-tote-sawhorses/

1 Like

Plansinwood.com has great plans for Adirondack chairs. Phil is also a great guy to work with.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EVG81E?aaxitk=zqi2Ype4auZ4TdHAaOsoCQ&pd_rd_i=B001EVG81E&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3525547702&pd_rd_wg=POr9K&pf_rd_r=FDB8G1G682RH0VGWF9BR&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-top-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_w=fiHaZ&pf_rd_i=kitchen+helper+stool+for+kids&pd_rd_r=2013820d-777e-479e-bc83-5c6c3a3e50cb&hsa_cr_id=9019799630101

3 Likes

kitchen helper and sawhorse are up. Go start working on them. Ill look into the others soon.

Here is a link that I found for an idea. https://youtu.be/PFj-3QF0YAE

1 Like

I have uploaded a first attempt at this idea on its own thread.

1 Like

Im interested in doing dovetail joints with it.
Im hoping to figure out a way that doesnt require vertical mounting/or figure out a way to allow the maslow to do vertical mounting, but id prefer the former.
Being able to do it all from horizontal (tab and slot) without having to rig up a mount, would be swell.
Has anyone done this?

I wanted to make a simple box for a friend who loves dovetail joints.

The only way to do is is by mounting the board perpendicular to the cnc. The angles are too sharp for the router bit to cut out those angles. I have planned on building a mounting table to the back of the cnc with a hole in the plywood to pass the board through. The board could be secured to the mounting table. The cnc would then cut the ends of the boards. We could also do any kind of joinery on the end (i.e box joints, mortise and tenon, or dowels that are part of the board.)

Tanks! :smiley:

I’ll check it out.