What software do I use to draw stuff?

Hi I want to use the Maslow to engrave stuff on to some cutting boards that I’ll fill with resin and hand out as christmas gifts to the family. But I’m having a lot of difficulty just trying to use the software (Ground Control) to draw. Nothing I do seems to be working in that program. So my friend suggested for me to use Easel. How do I convert what I drew in Easel into Ground Control? Easel is so much easier to use. My Maslow is still in the box, I am trying to see if I can figure out how to use it before I set it up and take up space.

You don’t draw in groundcontrol. It is a machine control software. There are a couple guides on a couple different options in the wiki along with the maslow manual that discuss this to some degree. Click categories the wiki and scroll down to see threads on these things.

2 Likes

Do your drawings in Easel, select Machine / Advanced / Generate G-Code / Export G-Code and use the corresponding .nc file inside of GroundControl / WebControl / whatever. Works for me :slight_smile:

hth
marie.o

2 Likes

Got it. So after drawing (setting size and depth of material, depth of cut, depth per pass, etc.) in Easel, I will convert it to a .nc file that way. How did you get it to be centered in Ground Control? When I try to right-click and set as home as suggested by the individual above you (in a different post) it doesn’t work. I don’t have a window that pops up. Is this because I haven’t set up my Maslow yet? Also to convert to a .nc file, can I do that in the free version of Easel? Or do I have to pay? I tried to follow you steps and it told me to upgrade from the free version.

1 Like

in webcontrol you right click. the only way I know how to do it in groundcontrol is to move the sled there and then save home position and it will redraw the gcode from that new home origin position.

1 Like

In Ground Control, position your mouse where you want your 0,0 (home) to be, make right click and hold it down till a menu shows up, then click set home

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes