Wrong router? What happened to recommendation for RIDGID router for MASLOW4?

My Ridgid R22002 router arrived last week, and I sign on to ASSEMBLY and find that it is no longer a fit?? Now I should turn around and buy a DEWALT, after explaining to my wife how I needed the RIDGID for the coming-in-April Maslow Kit? Not made of money here, and bought the ‘suggested’ router to minimize hardware issues putting the 4 together.

So, has anyone done this, is it possible, are the electronics capable of using a RIDGID? Anyone fit the RIDGID to the 4? What else did I miss and when did this change?

And, no small thing, what do I tell my wife? I hope your chuckling but I have to say this is NOT funny from my perspective…

I think I know what happened. There is an entirely different company called MakerMade which sells a copy of one of our old designs. It’s totally OK that they sell a copy, but they are doing it in a way which is misleading and using our branding on their products which intentionally confuses people. We’re currently in the process of taking them to court over it. They do a lot of targeted marketing using our name and branding to get you to end up on their website when you search “Maslow CNC”.

Unfortunately the RIDGID router is the recommended router for their machine while the Maslow4 uses the DeWalt router.

I’m really sorry for the confusion. We’re doing our best to get them to stop, but they don’t seem to be interested in preventing confusion…in fact they are actively trying to profit from it. Taking them to court is going to be a slow process, but we’re working on it.

Hopefully I can work this out with the person I bought the router from for a return. Not in favor of feeding lawyers. I’m sure I have time to get this resolved before my ‘4’ gets here. Thank you for the quick response.

1 Like

Happy Easter, Bar, if you celebrate.

I’m failing to see where your “M Maslow” trademark is anywhere on our website or on our product for your original kit. If Maker Made (not Amazon or any of our resellers or 3rd party websites) is using your M Maslow registered trademark, that’s not on Maker Made. And we certainly will not knowingly allow the use of that registered trademark, nor will we assist them in trying to get the product added back in again - as with the Amazon issue.

If you do see an instance somewhere Maker Made is directly violating any registered trademark you have, I ask that you privately bring it up to me and I will immediately discuss with our attorney or ask our developer to remove it in the instance of an obvious infringement (such as the M Maslow logo). If you see an instance of any 3rd party using your logo alongside a MakerMade logo, I will support you in any demand letters that need to be sent to the infringing company.

Advertising is another thing - something all companies do. We’re unlikely to change our advertising unless there is a direct violation of any of your registered trademarks in our display ads. I also ask you bring those privately to my attention.

We must cite the open source projects that our product is based upon. East Bay, Maker Made, Metal Maslow all helped grow the user base and getting Maslow CNCs out there when you threw in the towel. For all intents and purposes, we were selling a Maslow CNC or a variation of a Maslow CNC kit.

I’m all for litigation at this point. I guess it’s determining who files the lawsuit first and the counterclaims that you or Maker Made have on one or the other. Of course there would need to be proof of actual damages that were incurred. I suggest naming Patrick Kinnamon personally in your the lawsuit as he certainly made quite a few false promises to you, and was responsible for the creation of your M Maslow logo images prior to Maker Made assets being transferred to Makerhub.

As for the Ridgid R22002 router. That’s always been a recommended router for the v1/v2 Maslow CNC. No other major US-based retail router can work with that kit. It’s supported on the M2 only if someone opts to purchase a 91mm router clamp. Purchasing mistakes happen. But defamation in a public forum is no mistake.

Thanks,
—t.j.
tj@makermade.com

Don’t you have a production of Mama Mia to attend? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes
 My apologies if my misunderstanding popped open a can of worms here. Not my intent. I'm sure we are all really mainly interested in making amazing things with Maslows. 
In any case, you gentleman have shown me that my concern perhaps should not be explaining to my wife that I need a different 'heart' for My Maslow (truth told, that conversation went pretty good) , but that, in fact, I need additionally a V2 Maslow to complement my '4'! 

(in case my wife sees this for some reason, “Only kidding, dear …maybe”)

Johnnie in AZ

1 Like

I came to this forum for this exact same question. I thought the Kickstarter page listed the Ridgid 2200 as the recommended router for the Maslow 4. Now, it recommends the DeWalt DWP61. I don’t know when it changed, but I now have to return and reorder a different router.

UPDATE - I was 100% wrong. I must have gone to the original Maslow campaign by mistake.

Making Monkey wrote:

I came to this forum for this exact same question. I thought the Kickstarter
page listed the Ridgid 2200 as the recommended router for the Maslow 4. Now,
it recommends the DeWalt DWP61. I don’t know when it changed, but I now have
to return and reorder a different router.

The maslow 4 has always been the smaller trim router. Many of us picked up the
cheaper Kobalt router, but it needs 1mm of shim around it to fit the maslow 4

I also just received a 52mm 800w spindle from aliexpress and will be trying to
print the top/bottom brackets to make that work in the near future.

David Lang

1 Like

Maslow4 has always had the DWP611 router as a recommendation. What could be causing confusion is the original Maslow was for the Ridgid 22000. It’s listed on the original Kickstarter from 2017 and in many places in the forums and on the internet for instruction guides.

2017 Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maslow4/maslow-cnc-a-500-open-source-4-by-8-foot-cnc-machi

2023 Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/maslow4/maslow4-affordable-compact-large-format-cnc-router/description

1 Like

Thank you for finding this. After looking at the pages, I can say I was 100% wrong. I must have accidentally gone to the original page.

2 Likes

Making Monkey wrote:

Thank you for finding this. After looking at the pages, I can say I was 100% wrong. I must have accidentally gone to the original page.

you aren’t the first, we just want to not leave people with the impression that
there was any sort of bait-and-switch.

David Lang

1 Like

David,
Would the cordless version (DCW600B) be compatible?

the maslow4 is designed for a router 69mm in diameter with a 100mm long area to
clamp to.

If your router is a smaller diameter it can be made to fit. If it’s shorter, you
may be able to, depending on where that put the bit.

David Lang

Think you may run into issues using the cordless router, not only run time due to battery life but also the M4 electronics sits at the top of router so changing batteries would be a pain.
Just my thoughts