I’ve been having a lot of issues with my Z-Axis plunging way too far into the wood. So I spent the day learning about G-code and trying a variety of different programs to see if any of them acted any different. I was finally able to narrow down and repeat the issue; though not sure where I need to look in order to fix it.
In the Z-Axis dialog box, I did the following:
- I zeroed out the bit to the wood, and it is always very repeatable.
- On the side of the Z-Axis I marked a line where the zero is at.
- With each test, I clicked the Go to Zero button and marked on the side of the Z-Axis where the router stopped at.
- I get the following results with the values shown when I click the RAISE button
- the router moves 1.5” with a value of 0.2 INCHES
- the router moves 1.875” with a value of 0.25 INCHES
- the router moves 2.25” with a value of 0.3 INCHES
- the router moves 40mm with a value of 5 MM
- the router moves 53mm with a value of 6.5 MM
- the router moves 59mm with a value of 8 MM
I was able to get similar results using G-code where I just plunged the router into the wood…