Z-axis upgrade and enclosure for dust control

I appreciate that, but I will have to get back to you after I order my Maslow… Also, I have to modify it a bit as I would be using a Craftsman Router. Unless of course I can find a deal on a Rigid in the near future.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. It covers ALL my questions. Would you do anything different if you had to do it again>

Is this the z axis kit you bought? looks like you attahed it to a 4x4 piece of aluminum tube? nice build!

Wow! This is really impressive. I like that this greatly reduced the noise and dust levels. I’ll be strongly considering this after I get my maker made kit setup and calibrated properly.

So @Johnny5, let me get this straight, you have a pull through garage!!?? I am jealous of more than just your maslow setup.

This build is very impressive! Well done!

On a different note, you may be aware but the cotter pins that hold the chains in the clevises (the G parts) are designed to go through the chain end like an axle (perpendicular to the work surface). There have been several instances (that I know of) where someone with a ring kit had the cotter the way you have it and the center axle bit of that last link in the chain broke out and sent the sled swinging!

Here you can see the center part that can come out:

This is a picture from the assembly instructions (for the linkage kit) that shows the preferred placement of the cotter pin (the pins I send with the kits are actually 1" long and easy to remove through the arched holes): image

Just thought I’d mention it, wouldn’t want that thing breaking loose and going nuts inside your beautiful enclosure!
-Logan

3 Likes

Should I be proud or embarrassed that my pic is the perfect example of what not to do?

Proud! You’re not the only one.

Yes , i have a pull through garage : ) Its great when i have to blow the dust off with a leaf blower, I just open both garage doors and the wind will do most of the job.

Thanks for the advice! I will get the cotter pins fixed next time i print stuff…

I just had my first new born (3 months old). the maslow had been in the idle state since she was born.

But im planning to get back to it soon!

Johnny .

6 Likes

once you get it figured out, you will find all sorts of little things to make
for her. :slight_smile:

David Lang

2 Likes

Really!! That is the coolest thing.

1 Like