Z-axis upgrade and enclosure for dust control

I hope this forum doesn’t have restriction for picture dump. I will be posting more picture in this thread, Let me know if there is a more appropriate location to dump these pictures.

1 Like

WOW i just learned about the existence of “Made On Maslow Magazine”. This is awesome . Yeah totally open to any questions you guys have.

2 Likes

Dust collector setup:

The red arrow indicate the air flow direction, This picture shows the dust go through the first stage filter, which is the dust deputy.

the dust deputy is connected to the harbor freight 1ph dust collector.

I have noticed the dust collector bag doesn’t collect fine dust very well. so i built a third stage filter out the very fine dust. this is probably overkill and you probably not going to need it.

I used two shopvac filter.

Completely flash air, I can breath this all day long :slight_smile:

5 Likes

How to switch out plywood.

On the sled, i have drilled this magic hole…

And on the top of the working area. I have this magic screw…

They stay above the working area when they mate…

All of the connections are removable.

Its actually a lot easier to replace the plywood when all the cables/ hoses are out of the way.

4 Likes

These are just more pictures of the enclosure at different angle

This is the backside of the enclosure. Its hard to take picture back there

13 Likes

amazing 12345678910!

Great build, really well thought out, thanks for sharing the pics, so informative.:+1:

1 Like

I have a similar HF DC and recently replaced the bag with this. From limited use it works OK, much better than stock for less dust and more airflow. It’s on a wood lathe with a trash can lid separator

1 Like

Nice! I didnt know they exist . Just got one for myself too.

Thanks

Johnny5

I know this is a long shot but any change you drew up some plans for your box build? Looking to build something similar and add sound dampening as I am going to take the bold step to try and use my Maslow in my apartment :scream:

Great work my friend!

2 Likes

I know this is a long shot but any change you drew up some plans for your box build? Looking to build something similar and add sound dampening as I am going to take the bold step to try and use my Maslow in my apartment :scream:

Great work my friend!

1 Like

Awesome build… Definite mind processing material…

Do you offer your 3d printed collector for sale, or is it possible to get the model so we can print one ourselves?

1 Like

What kind of appartment do you have that you can get sheetgoods into? :slight_smile:
You could do what i did and just buy a bigger house

2 Likes

Can get sheet goods into my place no problem. Buying a bigger house in Seattle is a no go on the money I earn :slight_smile:

1 Like

sorry, I don’t have anything written down. But if you have any questions, feel free to ask me.
This setup does damp the noise for quite a bit.

1 Like

This is actually just a very simple drawing. I have glued PVC pipes on the side and the clear plastic that came with the rigid router.
I only spent like 10mins on the drawing, someone can probably make the drawing a lot better.

dust_collector_v02.stl (179.0 KB)
dust_collector.skp (93.3 KB)

1 Like

Roger that Johnny5. I will have a go at the build in the next month or so. I’ll post anything that I feel adds to the project and will definitely (probably very likely) hit you up for advice along the way.

1 Like

Thanks, I can clean it up… I just have to find someone with a 3d printer

1 Like

Dang! Beautiful setup man. Really shows the potential of how clean a build can be. I feel like I am currently in the opposite situation on my build so far lol. I don’t even have a vacuum attachment that fits properly for my cheap router! But I’m working on that. Great work!

2 Likes

I can print one for you if you cant find anyone with a 3D printer

1 Like