About the Troubleshooting category

Stuck in getting your Maslow up and running? We will get you there!
Post here, what ever it is that prevents you from cutting awesome things.
Don’t worry about “silly” questions. They do not exist!
Feel free to post and ask anything that you are stuck at.

Want to get help fast ? The following information is essential for us to provide “Speed Support”:

• Your Operating System with version (Windows, Mac, Linux)
  • Are you running the Arduino Mega or the DUE
  • What kind of Motor-Shield do you have, original 2 chip, TLE5206 or the Due shield
  • Firmware and Software you are using (GroundControl{discontinued}, WebControl or Makerverse and the version numbers.
  • Temporary frame / sled or final build
  • Z-Motor installed or manual Z adjustment, what kind of Z-Axis
  • Chain mount system to the sled (Original brackets or a Triangular Kit)
    (You might be asked to upload a copy of groundcontrol.ini from your users folder or log.txt from the GroundControl folder. It’s good to know where they are located.)

Follow these links to the Maslow CNC website or one of the Wiki pages to learn and contribute!
Wiki: Troubleshooting | Electronics | Mechanics | Firmware | Software
MaslowCNC Assembly Guide |Contribute | Issues

1 Like

Ho, I haven’t be able to make my maslow to work my problem is at the calibration stage, Let me guive you the tecnical info.

• Your Operating System with version :Windows 10 home
  • Firmware and GroundControl version: 1.25
  • Temporary frame : sled
  • Z- axel:manual Z adjustment
    *firmware :1.26
    And the problem is that when I run the calibration wizard at the part when I have to stretch the chain I have notice that certain buttons doesn’t work And i think it may be the ground control version since it shows me a message saying that the firmware version is 1,26 and the grond control is 1.25 but I couldnt find the portable version of the ground control 1.26.

thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Forum. This post is describing the troubleshooting category.
You will likely get more response if you open a new topic with a title explaining your problem.
1.26 was released 3 days ago and the windows portable is still pending.
It’s better to have FW and GC in sync with the version number, but don’t think it has to do with the chains not moving. My guess is more that one or more settings are not correct.
Does the chain not move at all?

The chains moves, but for example, I was runing the automatic calibrating proces and was on the step where it says that the distance between motors will be meassured using the chain, so I aligne the tooth vertically and from there i ise the extend button to make the chain reach the right motor and once it reaches I place the 3th chains ling to the vertocal tooth of the right motor, but the chain is not thighted and if i ise the retract button it doesn’t do nothing… and If I us ethe button “Pull the chain thight and mesure it do nothing”

I have tried to do the process serveral times and is the same, I though it was because the difrerence of version between GC and the firmware.

I don’t think are the morors because if U use the buttons the allows me move the geat teeth they move withouth any problem.

Hopefully you guys can help me.

Thanks a lot.

Did you figure out what your issue was ?

Hi, all

I have been battling. Where do I get detailed instructions on how to assemble the whole thing?

I found instructions to help me build the frame, bit when it comes to the setup of the chains and bungee cords there isn’t a lot of info available. One of the videos I saw on YouTube said I should put screws into the top of the horizontal beam and attach the end of the bungee cords to them. The instructions I found on the Maslow website shows the screws on the bottom of the horizontal beam. How far should they be from the end of the motor? Top or bottom of the beam? An the nails the ends of the chains hook into? Where do they go? There are white plastic rollers that will act as guides for the chains, but nothing tells me where they should be attached. I don’t think the chains should cross over themselves, but mine do. Please help!

I just installed the new M2 upgrade, final build using makerverse v1.0.6 z-motor etc. we got it plugged in and running, no small feat I might add, everything was up and we could hear the Due/Due shield humming and it responded accordingly with jog commands. We loaded a test sheet of 1/4" mdf, loaded gcode that i created in makercam and it stopped working almost immediately. no more humming, movement or sound of any kind. Thoughts?

windows, New M2 1.1.2 version with new firmware installed.
calibration issue. will not let me move sled + or - as well as when I try to move for calibration. Motors hum and I can tell it sends the signal to motor by the sound it makes to initiate. Im sure its something simple just cant put my hand on it. tried reset chain and unlocking.

I am having issues with my Arduino updating. I am stuck on Step 7 on the Maslow Firmware. Upload the Firmware, every time click arrow to update the firmware i get the maslow.h: No such file or directory. Any help will be much appreciated, i just want to build some stuff. LOL

any help much appreciated.

Having issues with connecting my maslow m2 from maker made. When connecting it says it cant read what firmware is installed and when I go to update firmware I am given an error message:

Sketch uses 71316 bytes (13%) of program storage space. Maximum is 524288 bytes.
processing.app.debug.RunnerException
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:152)
at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:77)
at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:732)
at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:703)
at processing.app.Editor$UploadHandler.run(Editor.java:2047)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: processing.app.SerialException: Error touching serial port ‘COM3’.
at processing.app.Serial.touchForCDCReset(Serial.java:107)
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:136)
… 5 more
Caused by: jssc.SerialPortException: Port name - COM3; Method name - openPort(); Exception type - Port busy.
at jssc.SerialPort.openPort(SerialPort.java:164)
at processing.app.Serial.touchForCDCReset(Serial.java:101)
… 6 more

i have not used my maslow for several months, i get error “sled not keeping up” i checked all the conncections, arduino green light is on

slow down your feed rate (and/or disable the alert by changing the setting from
alerting at 2mm to alerting at 20mm or larger)

I suggested this alert, but in practice it is not useful. The system does not
take acceleration (including voltage ramp-up) into account, it assumes that the
sled moves from stopped to full speed instantly, and if the expected position of
the sled is more than 2mm from the actual position, it generates this alert.

If and when we add acceleration planning to the firmware, this alert will be
useful, until then it should be disabled.

David Lang

there is a possibility that if your power supply is weak, that can cause it to
move slower, but this alert is just far too sensitive to be useful in detecting
that (as opposed to the problem I mentioned above)

David Lang