Belts wont retract during setup fo calibration

says top right encoder is not found, has a orange light next to the green by the motor

1 Like

Try unplugging the cable to the top right encoder and plugging it back in. Itā€™s probably a connection issue

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried unplugging it, and restarting it, bringing the belt through the gears makes the orange light turn on and off, and there is also a red light I forgot to mention is flashing on top, also is the top right the 2nd one from the top on the stack of arms or just the one with the light on it?

1 Like

Great question, top right is in relation to the power cord being down so if the power cord is facing you itā€™s the one on the right which is further away.

1 Like

Caleb Yager wrote:

Iā€™ve tried unplugging it, and restarting it, bringing the belt through the
gears makes the orange light turn on and off, and there is also a red light I
forgot to mention is flashing on top, also is the top right the 2nd one from
the top on the stack of arms or just the one with the light on it?

the red light indicates that there is an error. If you run a test and it says it
canā€™t talk to an arm, that is probably a connector problem, unplug the ethernet
cable, blow any dust out of the connector, and plug back in solidly. Once you
get good connectivity reported from the test button to all encoders, hot glue
can help prevent them from causing problems going forward.

David Lang

2 Likes

Thank you for clearing that up for me, I figured that was probably how it was setup but just wanted to make sure

Oh okay, thank you for letting me know that, and Iā€™ll try and disconnect it a few more times and fidget with it some more and get back to you on how it goes, also would you mind telling me also what is the orange light on the encoder means?

The encoder should have two lights, the green light shows that it has power, and the orange light will get brighter and dimmer (to the point of being all the way off) based on the encoder position so as the magnet rotates you will see that one change

1 Like

Iā€™ve messed with the Ethernet cords more now and switched them out but it still hasnā€™t cleared the error code

1 Like

If you are still getting the ā€˜encoder not foundā€™ switch the cable to a different
encoder and switch a different cable in as well, see if the problem follows the
cable or the encoder (or stays put)

that will tell us if itā€™s a main board (doesnā€™t move), encoder (moves when you
plug the encoder in elsewhere) or cable (moves with the cable)

David Lang

2 Likes

I switched which encoder it was plugged into and then switched the cords and tested with different cords and it still said the same error the whole time

1 Like

Ok, that sounds like a bad board, @bar

David Lang

2 Likes

Like it always says ā€œtop left encoder not foundā€ no matter which encoder is plugged into the top left port on the board?

What does it mean when ā€œLED 2ā€ is flashing red?

That means that when the board boots up it didnā€™t pass self test (couldnā€™t find one of the motors or encoders) and so it wonā€™t do anything until that is fixed and it gets restarted.

I feel like weā€™ve maybe got too many threads going and itā€™s hard to keep track of the conversation. Lets try to keep it in one spot and focus on getting to the answer.

I think weā€™re making progress here. Is this the case?

Iā€™ll keep things here if that works. Getting the scrolling messages now

1 Like

This is happening as soon as the machine powers up or only while cutting?

yes I tried plugging it into another one and it still said the same thing

1 Like

Since @Caleb_Yager started this thread about his issue letā€™s keep this one about him.

It says exactly the same thing as in:

Not a similar looking message that says ā€œBottom right encoder is not foundā€?

The distinction is important because it will tell us if the issue is on the encoder side or the controller side

1 Like